Newbie need help after installing OS X Mavericks on Asus N56VZ laptop

Question

I have manage to install OS X Mavericks on my asus Laptop N56VZ but now the problem is every time I have to key in GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -x in order to boot in to mavericks on top of that I can't dual boot. So how do I do dual boot? And how to set it to permanent so that I don't have to key the boot flags everytime. Is it normal to use -x to log in? I check on the boot flags command it seems that -x is using safe boot mode (pls correct me if I am wrong) and by having dual boot do I still have to use my USB to log into mavericks? I am a newbie to this..will appreciate help from everyone thanks a lot.

7 answers to this question

Then insert windows disk, and repair (only repair) early window. It will fix booting.

Only use GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No -v

(dont use -x) See where it halts.

It didn't halt I am able to enter mavericks but now there is a funny thing..I can see my windows drive in mavericks but I can't see my mavericks drive

May be your settings like. Goto Finder->Preferences->Sidebar

Here do check your Mac Pro HDD.

Goto <Mac HDD>Extraorg.chameleon.Boot.plist

Open this plist and add these lines anywhere between <dict> </dict>:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

I am able to see all of my drives now. Also I don't have to key in the boot flags everytime thanks a lot..how do I make it dual boot? Information: I use windows to check my drives they are in CPT not MBR so am I still able to dual boot with using my USB?

Just install windows on other drive than OSX. Boot into OSX using USB installer (dont boot into installer but actual installed OSX). Reinstall chameleon.

I already have Windows installed before OSX and I don't want to uninstalled my Windows because I have a lot of important files inside