Reboot at starting darwin x86_64
1 1

Question

Hi,

First off, I'm new to this community. I've spent a few weeks trying to figure this out, and I have familiarized myself with just about everything I can. I've also read the forum rules, but if I messed anything up, please let me know.

Okay, so here's my issue. I have an AMD Phenom II x4 CPU in a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard with a EVGA GTX 770 Classified GPU that I'm trying to install Mavericks onto (I'm using Niresh of course.) I have configured my motherboard exactly how every tutorial says (though I only have the option to enable HPET, not force 64bit mode) and have been able to install OSX. My drive is 2TB but I partitioned it into 3 separate partitions (2 OSX Extended Journal, one exFAT for sharing with Windows 8, which will be on a separate SSD, and which is unplugged during install)

All is good until I try to actually boot it. When I try to boot, i get an instant reboot. If, however, I try to boot with -x and -v, I can get all the way to "Starting Darwin x86_64" before I get the reboot. 

Lots of research makes it seem like I need a different kernel (though, I'm using AMD64 when installing initially) but I'm not 100% sure, or 100% sure on how to do that. 

I have tried every boot flag there is, in just about every combination. I have looked up how to do this specifically on my board, but haven't found any clear answers. I've also erased the drive and installed from scratch with a series of flags, again, in endless combinations to no avail. 

If anyone has any ideas on what I could try, or if they think the kernel may be the issue, please let me know!

Also, if more detail is needed just let me know and I'll find out. 

Thank you so much!

4 answers to this question

If you need a different kernel just download one and replace it with the one in the installation Usb.But niresh Amd kernels Works With Almost all Of them.

Have You try booting With all AMD Bootflags? And try different combinations?

1 person likes this

Yeah, I've tried everything that I've found online. safemode, PCIRootUID, cpus, everything else too!

How do I replace the kernel? I assume I have to open the DMG, replace, and write to USB. Its the replacing that I'm not sure of. There are usually two folders, and like 6 files in all the kernels I've downloaded, so I'm not sure what goes where.

Update:

More research says I also may need a DSDT file for my motherboard. I won't lie, I have no idea what that is. And, if that's the issue, how I would fix that.

More Update: like ten seconds later I realized that's for non Gigabyte motherboards. I think I need some sleep....Maybe I can conquer this tomorrow.