GTX 770 problem
4 4

Question

I've successfully installed Niresh Mavericks distribution to my AMD PC. The only problem with it that there is a problem with the videocard (MSI N770 2GB), I think I don't have a kext or a driver for it. The problem is that the system has a really slow graphics performance, Safari loads any page very slowly and the windows are flickering.

Do somebody knows how to solve this?

6 answers to this question

Ok, I solved the problem. The whole thing behind this was that I checked the GraphicsEnabler=Yes at installation. As a result, I get a white screen at the system startup. For solving this, I found some commands that fixed it, basically the grafix backup all command removed and backuped all the graphics drivers. After that the system started at VESA mode, which caused the slow graphics performance. Now I changed the GraphicsEnabler=Yes bootflag to GraphicsEnabler=No, and everything (except the HDMI audio, but I'll solve it) works fine. Thanks for the help! :)

Did you look in multibeast?

If not, install multibeast and check-up the drivers/kexts for your video card! ;)

Goto About This Mac->more info->System report->Display/Graphics

Get a screenshot and post.

Btw your GPU is nVidia or ATI?

1 person likes this

Did you look in multibeast?

If not, install multibeast and check-up the drivers/kexts for your video card! ;)

I've only found kexts for intel videocards.

Goto About This Mac->more info->System report->Display/Graphics

Get a screenshot and post.

Btw your GPU is nVidia or ATI?

I'll post a picture when I get home. I have nvidia geforce GTX 770 2GB.

@ Patching HDMI Audio is in no way an easy task (DSDT edits required). But anyway glad you fixed it :)

1 person likes this

Hi there, thought I'd post here as I have the same card. I had the 10.9 Niresh Distro working just fine on my Asus Maximus IV GeneZ/Gen3 with a GTX 560ti, I swapped out the graphics card for a GTX 770 but now then wouldn't boot to the desktop. I get the spinning wheel with apple symbol then the next screen is just plain white.

I changed GraphicsEnabler=NO like Tomi which fixed it. The only question I have is how can I make that permanent so I don't have to type that every time.

I'm running my bootloader of off an external USB flash drive. So does that mean whatever boot flags I have are built in?

Thanks

N