Unable to boot to installer
3 3

Question

Hi guys! I downloaded the Niresh Mavericks DMG and installed it on a USB,  also configured the BIOS to boot in Legacy, with the USB as first option, but it doesn't start. What it shows is a black screen and after that, the computer boot to Windows.
Can you guys tell me how to start the Niresh installer please?

Thank you :D

P.S: I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos, with an Intel Core i7-3615QM, 8GB of RAM, an Nvidia GeForce GT640 GM...

5 answers to this question

use flags = -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

use flags = -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes

I can't enter the installer :/

It boots to Windows directly :/

Use iBoot CD to boot first then select USB-Installer from iBoot selection menu.

I'm having the same problem.

It just boots straight to Windows 8.1 and when I use the iBoot CD I get a Kernel Panic.

The only way that I could install was by putting my HDD in someone else's laptop and booting from there, but now that i've installed it I still cant boot, it just flashes the Apple logo and restarts. I hope that someone comes up with a solution soon, as this is getting really annoying.

Please answer my thread question here:

http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/2165-hp-compaq-6730s-not-booting-into-installer/

Thanks

Riccorbypro

Guys,

Samsung has f*cked up Series 7 BIOS so it won't boot devices (either hard drives or USB sticks) with GUID partition table. The workaround is to download clover bootloader .iso image, burn it onto a cd or dvd, go to bios, disable UEFI boot option (otherwise it won't boot from cd either), and then boot clover from cd, put your Niresh Install USB stick in the USB 2.0 port, and then choose it in the clover menu. Oh, yes, another thing, after you set up options in bios, insert the cd with clover into the drive and then power off the machine by holding the power button, and then turn it on again. Simple reboot will get it into the boot loop again. Every time you want to boot Series 7 from either a cd or a USB stick, you have to power down the machine completely and turn it on back again.

If you have access to a working hackintosh/macintosh, you can use the disk management utility to format another usb stick (not the niresh installation one) as a mbr disk and then istall clover onto it. Choose boot legacy usb option in bios, save changes an power down the machine. Put the Clover USB stick in the USB 3.0 port, power up the machine and boot clover. Then stick your Mavericks install USB into the USB 2.0 port, choose it from the clover menu and boot into installation.

Oh yes, if you format your hard drive as GUID you won't be able to boot OS X from the hard drive, you will have to use clover cd or usb all the time. So format your hard drive as MBR and use MBR patch for you mavericks installation (Mavericks and Yosemite won't install onto a MBR hard drive natively).

Write if you need anything else...