Booting Time
4 4

Question

Booting time is around 3.7min... is there any way to reduce it ... i had same problem with 10.9 today upgraded to 10.9.2 but still same problem 

Note :Only 3 applications are enabled at start up 

System config : i5 proc 3.2 Ghz(3rd Gen)

Ram 8GB

When i installed Mac Freshly it was around 2 min to boot up and after i installed the audio kext it increased time to 3 min and now its around 3.7 min 

17 answers to this question

post your system specs ???

post your system specs ???

Mother Board Model :: Intel DH67CL

Procc MODEL : Intel 3470 (3.19 GHz Intel Core i5)

Ram : 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics Card : Nvidia Gt210 

1396516685__screen_shot_2014-04-03_at_24

Storage Details 

1396516812__screen_shot_2014-04-03_at_24

@ If you are on 10.9.2 and have slow boot issues, use this fix

Dude,actually had the same problem even in 10.9 but today upgraded to 10.9.2 and let me try the 10.9.2 fix and let you know

now reduced back to 2.5 min Not bad :) 

remove unneccessary kext which is not for your system and reinstall your Bootloader ,make sure is Latest one ,,check your Kernel Flags too , try UseKernelCache=Yes or No 

1 person likes this

remove unneccessary kext which is not for your system and reinstall your Bootloader ,make sure is Latest one ,,check your Kernel Flags too , try UseKernelCache=Yes or No 

I have removed the unnecessary kexts and tried booting with UseKernelCache= Yes and No no change in boot time taking 2min around wat bootloader should i use  

1) Default Niresh Bootloader comes always is it new or old one ??? Should i change that 

2) Wat is Kernel Flags and how to check them 

@ The default boot loader is Chameleon. You may need to update it (not very helpful but try). Removing extensions will not help in any way unless you are booting with UseKernelCache=No. Try updating and as Deepak suggested boot with UseKernelCache=Yes

i have the same problem in 10.9.1 (its a update from 10.8.5 with my hack ), wait more time for boot, more than mountain lion, when the loggin screen appears the keyboard not run, need wait 40 seconds for enter my loggin password. when the notebook have 5 minutes on, run normally bud at the start its not fast like 10.8.5

i have the same problem in 10.9.1 (its a update from 10.8.5 with my hack ), wait more time for boot, more than mountain lion, when the loggin screen appears the keyboard not run, need wait 40 seconds for enter my loggin password. when the notebook have 5 minutes on, run normally bud at the start its not fast like 10.8.5

Ya dude ,exactly Same Problem With me :( :( 

@ The default boot loader is Chameleon. You may need to update it (not very helpful but try). Removing extensions will not help in any way unless you are booting with UseKernelCache=No. Try updating and as Deepak suggested boot with UseKernelCache=Yes

UseKernelCache=Yes..............Not working same problem taking more time :( :( around 2 min still 

I have removed the unnecessary kexts and tried booting with UseKernelCache= Yes and No no change in boot time taking 2min around wat bootloader should i use  

1) Default Niresh Bootloader comes always is it new or old one ??? Should i change that 

2) Wat is Kernel Flags and how to check them 

use Chameleon wizard ,and look up for file in Extra folder in mac partition org.chameleon.plist 

post it here 

@ Try installing these kexts. Download

This Increased Time Even More Now It Takes 2 Min 33 Seconds :( :( 

I have the same problem.... Hahahajha. Same same not... Sorry hahajajaja. Bud my keyboard need 40 segs to run in apple login screen. Its the same problem hahajajaja. Not the same machine or time for boot ;) hahahahaha