About to install mavericks Help Needed
3 3

Question

hey there im a neiwbie in hackintosh scene but im reading a lot of stuff and getting confused, im about to install mavericks my system specs are as followed

motherboard : intel DG41WV

processor : E5500 dual core 2.8

ram : 4 Gb DDR3

wireless adapter : tenda w311p

hardrive : 250 gb

graphic card integrated thats G41 chipset ( i know its not supported ) but please tell me a cheap alternative im thinking of buying asus geforce 610 1 GB link to that card http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GT610SL1GD3L/specifications/

now i have few question

1) write now im on windows do i need to be on snowleapord or mountain loin to start installation

2) do i need to update my bios ?

3) what should i write in graphic enabler as my card is not supported at the moment ?

4) what kexts and dsdt are mandatory ?

5) and lastly will i be able to install windows back if im not able to boot OSX ?

thanks

4 answers to this question

@

First Off, Read this topic.

You'll have to format your entire hard disk before installing OSX. So make a backup of your windows machine and the installer

1) No

2) No

3) GraphicsEnabler=No

4) Depends on your hardware 

5) If you have a Windows USB Installer /DVD. Yes you can

Edited by Devonic

thank you devonic for replying i finally installed mavericks and boy its awesome everything is working but one little problem my system boots normally in 30 seconds but shut down takes more than two minutes please tell me if im missing some thing

and please tell me about the graphic card should i go for gt610 or gt 620

@

If you are going for gaming, both the GT610 & the GT620 are pretty bad choices. But if you're going for just light - casual usage of your computer, any of them will suffice just fine.

thank you devonic for replying i finally installed mavericks and boy its awesome everything is working but one little problem my system boots normally in 30 seconds but shut down takes more than two minutes please tell me if im missing some thing

and please tell me about the graphic card should i go for gt610 or gt 620

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zh7f3bcpsim9j0p/2o-_7R087r use this kexts to fix shutdown issue it helped me i had same problem as yours :)