dell n5050
2 2

Question

ok i finally caved and decided to ask for help, i have fully installed niresh 10.8.5 with no issue on this dell, but boot with no flags freezes after about 7 minutes of loading with constant hdd activity then it all just stops....-v -f GrapgicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 loads basically fully.....screen stops at [iobluetoothhcicontroller][start] -- completed.....then the screen stays there but i can hear the mac osx voice over guy talking in the background then a song starts playing lol and i can follow the guys commands. the system seems to load but the screen doesnt change

7 answers to this question

Specs of your laptop?

Try this :-

GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -v -f

from what i can remember from booting a live cd awhile back its an intel b960 3 gigs of ram, i know its just intel onboard hd graphic (was given to me awhile back with no hdd and never installed anything until now) if theres ony other way to pull the specs without having windows or anything lol let me know

trying those flags now but even with the system still sitting at that screen the hdd light is showing alot of activity

just installed maverics this time and still the same issue, system boots up fine and i can hear the song play and the apple speech to text thing and can even navigate those pages with the arrow keys but the display never shows anything, is this a boot flag im missing or will this just not work?

i was eventually able to get it to boot with this. so now i gotta figure out all of this kext/multibeast stuff lol deff my first time getting osx booting on a pc so i have alot of reading to do to get it going....im searching now to see if there is already a dsdt out there for this thing