Clevo W350stq - can't boot after install
2 2

Question

Today, after several tries, i was able to install Mavericks using Niresh release.
The only boot flags needed to start the installer have been xpcm-free, to prevent the reboot problem, and -v.

But i can't enter the OSX. I have tried all flags and combinations i know: GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes, IGPEnabler=Yes/No, ncpi=0x2000, darkwake=0, dart=0, IntelAzulFB=11, cpus=1, and the common -v -f -x.

The boot always get stucked arround Stuck at "[iOBluetoothHCIController]...connected to the transport sucessfully".

Could you please give me some advices?
My Bios don't have the option to disable GPU or iGPU, nor the option to disable VT-d, which I think may be getting me in troubles...

10 answers to this question

I think you should tell your PC configuration, without it guessing in air wont work.

1 person likes this

Me too. I succesfully installed Mavericks, and when i want to boot mavericks, the apple logo come to the screen and the circle loading screen. And this is where my computer stuck. The circe is ringing and don't boot.

My Config is:

LapTop name: Toshiba Satelite l850-12t

CPU: intel Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50 GHZ 2.49 GHz

RAM: 6 Gb of DDR3

VGA: Intel HD 3000

I've made a sucessfully instalation of Mavericks on my Clevo W350STQ (finally!!).

But it isn't a 100% working install...

Just some specs of the computer: i7-4700MQ, HM87, nVidia GTX 765m, 8GB DDR3, SATA 1TB

1- Graphics Problems

This computer has Intel HD4600 + nVidia GTX765m. First I have instaled without any graphics kext, because is the only way to get it to work. Without any kext loaded, the computer only detects 64Mb shared graphics memory, but HDMI video output works. Then I try to install AppleIntelHD5000.kext and AppleIntelAzulFB.kext, and the graphics become fully recognized (1024MB of memory, and QE/CI enabled). The problem is that with this kexts I have lost the HDMI video output.

Could anyone explaine to me how can I put HDMI back to work? This is very important for me!!!

BTW, it is possible to put the nVidia GPU working, insted of the intel one? (i know optimus is not supported)

2- CPU power managment

When I boot in verbose mode I get this message:
getCPUIDinfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- Power management may be incomplete or unsupported

How can I resolve this problem? How can I see if the CPU is making the stepping properly?

Now, the perfectly working stuff: sound, webcam, suspend, restart, built-in ethernet, trackpad, usb.

Why posting in others thread ? 
Edited by Aman

Hello pirikito2

I managed to install Mavericks on this PC (W230) with niresh. (standard don't install ANY graphic driver or the pc will not boot at all! also i put 'graphicsenabler=0'. 

Now I' am in mavericks but etherenet, graphics and sound won't work I tried all kext that i can find but none work. 
The ethernet is the basic RTL8167 so it's east to find kext but none of them work. 
Also getting the intel HD 4600 to work hasn't been a succes and i searched internet but couldn't find a solution.

how did you get the sound and ethernet to work ? could you post the steps/ files you used? thanks :)

spec: 

• Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-4800MQ processor (22nm, 2.70GHz, DDR3L-1600MHz, 6MB L3 cache, TDP: 47W) 
  • Intel® HM87 Express Chipset
  • NVIDIA® GeForceâ„¢ GTX 765M GPU / Intel® GMA HD GPU 4600
  • EVO SAMSUNG SATA 500 windows 7
  • EVO SAMUNG mSATA 120 OSX
  • Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller:  (service: RTL8167)
  • Via High Defenition Audio
  • Realtek PCIE cardreader
  • BisonCam NB pro

Hi fleu,

To put my HD 4600 to work with QE/CI and with 1024 MB memory, i have installed 2 kexts: AppleIntelHD5000.kext (i sugest to you to install the other 2 bundles you will find available in your system for the HD5000) and also AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.

Also you must put, in the chameleon plist, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IntelAzulFB=11, SkipNvidia. Use chameleon wizard to edit your .plist with these flags.

With this kexts loaded the HD 4600 is fully recognized.

My only problem is the HDMI output wich doen't work with these kexts loaded (but works in safe boot mode, -x flag). If you find a solution for my HDMI problem, please tell me.

The ethernet is working with the Realtek 81xx included in niresh.

thanks

where can i find both Kext ? I find guides via internet wit mini display port but not with HDMI

ok got it to work the graphics card and now indeed lost my HDMI connection, looking it up

If you find the solution for the HDMI, please tell me ASAP.
The other problem i have identified, is the CPU speed: the CPU is always at turbo boost frequency. I have verified this with the intel utility. This happens to you too? My CPU is an intel i7-4700MQ.