Z68MA-D2H-B3 Cannot setup
1 1

Question

Hello all,

I am trying to install the Niresh Mavericks and simply cannot...It always restarts before the installation starts. Have try various combination GraphicsEnabler, -v, -x, -f etc but nothing seems to work and have correctly followed the instruction posted on the website.

My Specs are the following:

M/B z68ma-d2h-b3

CPU= i7 2600K

MEM= 16GB

Graphics= MSI GTX-560 ti

HDD= 400gb Sata2

DVD-R LG

Gigabyte Wireless PCI Adapter

Thank you for your help

Daniel

4 answers to this question

The installation was successful by removing the graphics card and leaving the onboard only

My issue now is that when I put the 560ti the machine won't boot to 10.9

Any ideas?

Having exactly the same issue but running an x79 setup so no luck with the integrated graphics solution. Removed NVDA Kexts from S/L/E in order to boot installation as Mavericks would hard reset just before login screen otherwise, so running with VESA mode. I want to update to 10.9.4 and see if those drivers will work with my card but the combo update installer insists I restart every time I try and run it.

What should I do? I'm thinking of trying to use the NVDA drivers on the installer. If that does not work, restoring the vanilla drivers to SLE then installing Nvidia's Quadro drivers on top directly, then updating and installing the new Quadro driver for 10.9.4 if that goes me the QE/CU I need to be able to install the combo update.

Will that work?

Edit: Problem solved. For some reason, Niresh's post install script had disabled GraphicsEnabler in org.chameleon.boot.plist