Short description for all softwares/tools
2 2

Question

As is title, I think there should be a description about all softwares/tools on related page.

Right now, there is no description available (e.g. ALC 662, Face Wizard etc) for the software/tools

in download section. If name is not clear enough to understand "what it is, what does it do and

when to use it" then users first need to download the tool and test him/her self.

Thank you

8 answers to this question

ALC662 is Audio Kext for Realtek ALC662 Chipset

Facewizard is app by Gigabyte for Gigabyte Mobo to Change their Boot Logo ...what ever you want ..

@Deepak

No, no you missed the whole point. I mean there should be a description for each tool/software on their page about their function and purpose.

Right now one need to guess by seeing name as there no information about to tell what a tool does.

@ This should be set as a rule for the uploaders not the moderators as they can't add descriptions to each and every file. Maybe a description base limit of ~20 - 30 words can help.

@Devonic,

Exactly I meant but right now there no option. Goto any tools/software's download page. We just see info like

Uploaded by :

Date :

Version :

Requirements (or something like) :

But, where is the info about software itself ? What it does ? And when to use ?

Right now I dont know how to achieve this and I feel its from FORUM side.

May be Required a Edit tab in download section  -feel free to edit but only uploader ..one of use need to keep watching who has not written anything ..

1 person likes this

@Deepak@Aman

All the compatibility fields must be marked as required and one must not be able to post a download without filling out these fields. Leave it to @ to code that system for the website.

1 person likes this

@Devonic @Deepak @Aman hey guys not everybody update file description & also showing file description in front page will take heavy space

so showing the description in the file page is the better way

@ these are my words too ,,but every files need to contain meaningfull info ,,for using etc. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

2 2