no hpets found
1 1

Question

Hi guys,

I just installed osx mavericks on my AMD laptop using the niresh installer

specs: AMD A10-4600M

radeon HD 8670M

8gb RAM

it installed fine and it booted up but i had to boot using -x -v -f to not get the no hpets found error. so after that i installed multi beast and installed the intelcpupowermanagement kext to try and boot it and I also used -x -v -f and the system boots I can do whatever I want but after 15 seconds I get a kernel panic saying no hpets found! can someone help me fix this or at least install the old kext from the usb drive because in single user mode I also only have 15 seconds and I don't type quick enough to fix it :(

And also is the realtek semiconductor WI-FI compatible with it?

thanks in advance

3 answers to this question

Did you use amd flag?

Also Try cpus=1 and test if it boots. (w/wt -x)

No your wifi wont work, replace it or buy external.

Did you use amd flag?

Also Try cpus=1 and test if it boots. (w/wt -x)

No your wifi wont work, replace it or buy external.

Ok, I got the system to boot normally now only things that don't work is wifi and graphics (for wifi luckly i have a android phone and paired it to my laptop using horndis and it's working like a charm) but i'm having issues with the graphics: the graphics are listed as 5mb and the os is really glitching out from the app launcher to safari and other apps that just have messed up graphics i have a radeon hd 8760m any way of getting it working?

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge your graphic card is not supported yet.

But there is a hope if you can turn of your RADEON from BIOS, then you are fine.