Stuck On Apple Logo Before Installation
2 2

Question

Can someone please help me with this? as the title says i keep getting stuck on the apple logo when i boot from cd before the installation. that is the only thing i get nothing else. i have an intel based project computer with an nvidia gpu and i downloaded the intel only iso. if all specs are needed i can post them. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advanced!  

1 person likes this

11 answers to this question

boot with cd ,promt type any key then type -v ,,if it stucked post image of it...

I tried that and it wouldn't stay on the screen long enough to take a picture of it to post.

I tried that as well and both my phones were to slow and like i said the report doesn't stay up long enough. it Just lists many lines and then disappears before i can do anything about it. Could I try taking a short video of it and then posting that?  

I am having same issue I think. Therefor I did not want to open another thread. If I do not boot with -v or -x I get stuck on the white screen with the apple logo and nothing more. screen shots are with -v and or -x.  I have also tried every other command I can think of and I get various end points.  I have been trying your distros from 10.8.2, 10.8.5 and the Mavericks, all with same result.  I have tried following each "guide" as best I can, I have converted my bios, I just have no option for HPET anywhere.  I have run straight off DVD, off USB sticks, also with and without clover. Specs are in my signature. 
I am on Win 7 and also have Linux installed. I am on a separate HD with a partition for each OS I have.  This is my first attempt (week and a half's worth at least) at Hackintosh so if I am making a noob mistake, I am sorry.  I appreciate your help in advance.  I have been scrounging though the forums trying to find my own answer and I refuse to be beaten by a machine haha.Posted ImagePosted Image

were these screenshots from something goofy I have missed? and were they the same as what the op was running into? Figured I may be able to help the op and me at the same time.

Thanks again in advance for any info.

well I figured out what my issue was. i forgot that the target computer was 32-bit not 64-bit. so i went ahead and downloaded iatkos snow leopard and installed that a now the only problem im having is that when i try to boot os x, my computer just restarts itself. any ideas and whats happening? i know that i probably wont get help noe that im using a different program but maybe someone would like to help me? thanks in advance and thanks to those who tried to help me out!