Erratic Mouse Movement In VMWare Workstation
8 8

Question

Hi Niresh Forums,

Background

I have successfully installed Niresh 10.9.0 Mavericks on my Intel Samsung Notebook (specs below). I installed the OS on my 150GB external HDD and can successfully boot from it using plop boot iso (google it). However, as my laptop uses an Atheros 9485 card (wireless card), which does not seem to have any kexts that work, I am trying to run the OS in VMWare workstation on Windows 7 so I can use the internet. The OS boots successfully and shows the login screen.

The Problem

After the OS boots successfully on VMWare, when I move my mouse, it jumps around very erratically, making it almost impossible to use the machine... This problem does not occur when I boot my laptop from the HDD itself! Is there any way I can fix this in VMWare so the mouse behaves normally?

Boot Flags

-v (to check for errors)

GraphicsEnabler=Yes (I get a pci error if I do not put this flag)

"Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" (so the mac fits my screen resolution)

USBBusFix=Yes

Laptop Specs

Internal HDD 750GB (Windows 7 with VMWare workstation)

External USB HDD 150GB (Niresh Mavericks 10.9)

Intel HD 4000 Graphics

Intel i5-3210M - 2.50GHz (max 3.0GHz)

Ram: Samsung 1600MHz DDR3 4GB + Samsung 1600MHz DDR3 2GB (both the same)

Logitech Wireless mouse

PS/2 Trackpad

Built in laptop keyboard and screen...

I hope you can help!

Thanks much

Rodit

EDIT:

Here is a video I found on youtube of somebody with the same problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiRennXWAvE&feature=youtu.be

EDIT #2:

The mouse always seems to be clicking so when I do happen to be able to hover over something, it will click it automatically???

12 answers to this question

I finally fixed this problem. I solved it by adding a new virtual machine with WIN7 X64.

Go to VMware, File->ADD, Select your Niresh ISO, OS type=Win7 X64. Install and let it reboot. Fixed. Hopefully.

First time I selected Other OS X64 and I couldn't use my mouse.. 

I finally fixed this problem. I solved it by adding a new virtual machine with WIN7 X64.

Go to VMware, File->ADD, Select your Niresh ISO, OS type=Win7 X64. Install and let it reboot. Fixed. Hopefully.

Dude, can you explain better on a step by step what you did exactly please so others can try and hope get this mouse nightmare fix, thanks in advance Seong Hyeon Lee.

This works.

What you need to do is:

Install the Niveresh Mavericks from 0 again (erase the previous virtual machine/create a new one). But, in the moment that you choose the OS (Windows, Linux, Other, etc) you need to select "Microsoft Windows" and "Windows 7 64 bits". I did this and it works. (Btw, the hardrive must be IDE or Sata, I used IDE).

I also tried to change this from the settings in the previous virtual machine that I've created before (using "Other" and "Other 64 bits") to Windows 64 bits, but it didnt work, creating a new one did.

I know that this post comes months later but hope it works anyway. (Sorry about the english, Im tired and its not my native language). 

Also you may have a problem, the mouse is "offset", when you click it clicks next to where you clicked. To solve this go in the VM Ware (in any moment, no need to restart the vm) "Edit" -> Prefences ->Input.

In "Optimize mouse for games" select "Always" and done.

1 person likes this

I just wanted to add this is the perfect fix for this problem. I looked everywhere and found one post referring to this one. However, they didn't say that you had to reinstall Mavericks as Windows 7 x64 (instead of just changing to it after installing under a different OS). I also used IDE.

Thanks!

gracias por la ayuda en este momento lo estoy reinstalando espero me funcione por cierto me podran ayudar con la configuracion de red que no tengo internet ya probe con puente con nat y only host pero no me funciona 

im having the same problem. Mouse cursor is erratic after installation (fine during istalling). Keyboard strokes work in the login screen but then I get a message asking to connect a Bluetooth keyboard. The message wont go away...... And the mouse is no help in troubleshooting because it cursor freaks out when you move it.

ANY HELP GUYS?? Im running on amd. a10.

OK, I have a mixed issue to solve the mouse problem. NO need to reinstall!

1. Go to Edit/Preferences/Input and set optimize mouse for games "Always"'

2. Go to Virtual machine settings and change guest operating system to Windows 7 x64. You only need a suspended machine.

My problem has been solved in this way...

I have solved this problem a bit of the opposite...I found setting Optimize For Games = Always gave me more erratic mouse movement.  I rebuilt the machine as a Windows 7 x64 VM and then set the input settings for Optimize for Games = NEVER.  This solved my problem.

I've just done an install (Dec 2015) and found that the problem was solved if the pointer setting (VmBox Manager-Settings-System-Motherboard) 'Pointing Device' was set to 'USB Tablet'. It was set to this by default, but I tried to be too clever and set it  to 'PS2 Mouse' during install.