Problems installing Mavericks on laptop
1 1

Question

Hi there, 

I have two machines: a desktop and a laptop. My desktop (AMD FX-8120) works fine with hackintosh, but my laptop (HP Pavilion dv6-6b15ed, AMD A8-3510MX) has quite a lot of problems. Whatever I do, I cannot succeed to install Niresh's OS X Mavericks. Sometimes kernel panics, sometimes it does just nothing. I have tried every kernel and a lot of boot flags, so I am out of ideas now. I have also tried to install Mountain Lion, but no success. The only distro that works so far on this laptop is iAtkos 10.6.3, but that's just too outdated! If someone could help me installing Mavericks on my laptop, that would be great!

Thanks,

Kevin

2 answers to this question

amdfx -v does give me some result, but it hangs on 'SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode'. I googled this one, and added the boot flags 'USBBusFix=Yes' and 'npci=0x2000'. That gets me a little further, but now it freezes on the message 'warning: invalid ker'... It doesn't even succeed to complete the error.

Update: i tried adding -f to the above boot flags, I do now get the complete error, followed by a kernel panic: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n0bse0izq5lhu7/20140427_073516.jpg