Slow Wi-Fi on 10.9.2 AMD
1 1

My system:

AMD Phenom II X4  940 OC to 3.45

4gb ram

PNY SSD 120gb

Hi everyone,

I've been running 10.6.8 very reliably for some time and decided it was finally time to try out Mavericks. 

I installed Niresh's 10.9.0 without problem and then promptly installed 10.9.1 update and them 10.9.2. I used the 10.9.0 extensions and AMD kernel from the 10.9.0 install.

Only had 2 problems. One was the clock ran fast and that was solved by calculating the bus ratio for my OC cpu. Once set to "busratio=15" at startup that problem was solved. I tried adding it with Chameleon Wizard but it ignores it on boot so I have to manually enter it each boot. I also tried adding it with Plist Pro and it ignores it there also so for now I'll just keep doing it manually.

This brings me to the other problem which is almost a deal killer. I have 2 WiFi adapters that each work fine with 10.6.8 using their appropriate kexts.

One is a Rosewill USB that is Realtek based.

The other is a T-Link TLWIN951 PCI card.

Using either adapter gives the same problem. Bog slow Wi-Fi. Like 1.5 or less on a 15mbps connection. Sometimes it even times out. Otherwise 10.9.2 is running rock solid with no crashes or hiccups at all. Doing a little Googling showed that some people with real Macs are having this same type of problem but no one had any real solutions. Was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and if so if there are any solutions?

Thanks in advance!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet