rsdp_mod error when installing
2 2

Question

Hello,

I have been working on installing mavericks on my system for some time now.

I have downloaded the ISO and written it to a USB, and have chameleon bootloader installed on another USB(clover won't work for some reason).

When booting the Mavericks USB from Chameleon, a log comes up quickly and then the pc just restarts.

The only thing i can make out from the Log is 'rsdp_mod size is incorrect', but i have paused and taken a photo of the log if anyone would like to see it.

Also, I have no changed the install at all (kexts etc) as I am unsure about what the go is with it.

Could someone please help in guiding me with my next step with installing mavericks?

Thanks

19 answers to this question

Yea, try Mavericks again but use Win32DiskImager to mount the DMG instead of the ISO. If that doesn't work, Download 10.8 at the same time...

1 person likes this

just use the xpcm kernel bootflag while booting

xpcm-free -v

just use the xpcm kernel bootflag while booting

Thanks for the quick response.

Just tried it, and it comes up with a lot longer log, but still ends with the same "rsdp_mod size is incorrect" and then the system reboots.

:speechless:

@David Behrens it looks like a new type of error to me i have never face this & you're the first one to report it to me

according to my suggestion you cant install mavericks right now until i find a solution

so please try Mountain Lion 10.8.5 which contains clover boot-loader it will fix that acpi error that you're facing

@
I downloaded the ISO you suggested, and when i boot the rsdp_mod error still appears, but it continues to boot.
It got stuck with just the apple logo and wouldn't proceed, so i tried "xpcm-free -v" as a tag and it then showed a few things ending in an error about missing bluetooth controller.
I don't have a bluetooth controller, so maybe I need to turn off a bluetooth setting somewhere?
But, this is using chameleon bootloader.. for some reason i cannot boot directly from the OS X USB.
Might try a DVD in the coming days.

@ Okay, now i'm getting to System uptime in nanoseconds = 0

and then it just stops and wont continue. :(

@

I have attached an image of when it stopped. I also have an image of the boot if you need.

Thanks

David

post-51420-0-65557200-1399376251_thumb.j

@

I can't really do that, as my modules are 4gb and i have 6 of them and I can't remove them without pulling my cpucooler off

I have been busy with work for the past few weeks.

Tried that, still no working. Might try a bios reset tonight and see how it goes.

Don't write the ISO to usb, write the DMG. In win32diskimager, If you select all files when browsing, You can still mount DMG's. Try that, re make the drive with the DMG as opposed to the ISO :)

1 person likes this

Don't write the ISO to usb, write the DMG. In win32diskimager, If you select all files when browsing, You can still mount DMG's. Try that, re make the drive with the DMG as opposed to the ISO :)

@ Should i try mavericks or something else?

Yea, try Mavericks again but use Win32DiskImager to mount the DMG instead of the ISO. If that doesn't work, Download 10.8 at the same time...

@

Thanks heaps, worked like a charm!

Now just for the kexts

@

Thanks heaps, worked like a charm!

Now just for the kexts

i also have the same error did dmg method solve the problem ? did u install os x ? how did u convert iso to dmg pls  reply