Almost There

Question

After a LOT of searching and trial and error I just about have most of my system working or at least the things I have thought to try.  My big remaining problem that I am aware of is that that my system doesn't see my optical drives.  I have two host controllers on my MB.  One is intel and the other Jmicron.  The optical drives are on the Jmicron.  One thing I noticed is that that in the Niresh system info tool it lists the intel as Sata and the Jmicron as IDE.  The drives are Sata drives.  In the regular system info section it just says both are ACHI and neither seem to have errors.  I have upgraded to 10.9.2.  My video isn't horrible but it seems like it could be a little better.  I have a Radeon 6950.  How can I tell if I am using the best kext file for my card.  YouTube is pretty much un viewable.  I am fresh over from WIndows so I am still trying to figure out how things work in this environment.  I'm still not sure I am running programs right.  It seems like they just run from where they are downloaded and do not install but that really isn't at the top of the list.  I would be very happy if I could just get these two optical drives going at the moment.  Thanks!

8 answers to this question

@Macman350 can you send me your dev and vendor id list
attach a screenshot of Application "System Info"

1 person likes this

Sure, I will post a shot of kexts and devices.  I also have a onboard broadcom gigabit netlink that I never could get to work if you have any suggestions.  I used the all network driver kext which got a 100mb Intel add on card working so I have connectivity it just isn't as fast on the local network.  No biggie on that one though since I do have something working.  Please keep in mind I am completely new to this and very Windows minded at this point but I am getting there.  I am reasonably tech savvy but feel pretty stupid on this stuff atm.

It doesn't look like anything attached so I will try again.

I still can't see where anything is being attached.  I tried both basic and advance uploaders.  I'm not sure if I am even able to see it.

Ok, well I can't see anything but I will wait to here from you before I try anything else.

Well, just to check I moved one of the drives over to the Intel controller and it showed up.  I haven't tested it yet but I can see it.  Maybe it has something to do with the kext file for the Jmicron controller.