Going to get started with niresh today. Trying to figure out some stuff. | Instant Reboot Issue
2 2

Question

Hey everyone,

I've got some questions about how much HDD space I should allocate, and if I need to enabled any specific options. I am planning to run niresh in a virtualbox with a virtual hard drive of 80GB and 4GB RAM. If that enough for me to use Xcode and the iOS simulator, while creating iOS apps? And do I need any special options when installing the OS? My host specs are as below:

i5-4670K

Z87-G41

r9 270X

8GB RAM

edit:

I just booted up and got stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport. Any ideas on how to fix?

11 answers to this question

@mac04 try

xpcm-free USBBusFix=Yes -v

if failed go with VMWare 

The Distro Supports VMWare

1 person likes this

Although you are getting that error that is not the actual problem, the problem is the Intel HD graphics.

Boot in single user mode: -s then use this:

mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../Extensions

@AndreiUle

I booted with -s as you said, but I still got stuck at Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport, so I couldn't enter any of the commnands.

@mac04 If you're using my 10.9 or 10.8.5

Boot in single user mode: -s then use this:

fsck -fy /
mount -uw /
grafix backup all

@

As I said, i tried to boot with -s and I got stuck with the same error. I am using the mavericks distro from this site located at the URL 

http://www.hackintosh.zone/file/75-niresh-mavericks-for-intel-and-amd/

Maybe I'm not using the flag correctly. Here is what I am doing when trying to boot with -s. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zq3neshbd4uq7bm/missingbluetoothcontroller.mp4

@mac04 You're stuck before the installation you should have mentioned that i thought you've installed it

now boot with 

-x

@

Sorry, I forgot to mention I hadn't installed yet.

I booted with -x , and I was just stuck at the grey apple logo screen. So I decided to try to boot with -x -v , and I'm getting stuck at the same point.

@

Same issue with that set of boot flags.

I just downloaded VMware player (the free one) and I was able to get to the install screen. Under customize, I left it as the defaults and added the vmware option. Its installing right now, so I'll post if it works.

@

I installed niresh and was able to get to the welcome screen. However the mouse jumps around everywhere making it impossible to setup the OS. I already tried to trick of changing the OS to windows 7 64 in vmware settings.

I created a usb controller in the hardware options for vmware, and now the mouse doesn't jump. But I can't click so install can't set up the OS...

edit: turns out I can click. but the click takes place a little under and over from where my mouse is. Any fix for this?

2nd edit: I've stumbled through the setup process and clicked the continue button on the create an account page, however the creating account circle is just spinning endlessly.

3rd edit: ignore previous edit. turns out it was just slower than i thought it would be.

@mac04 this looks off topic i have answered for your main topic title

install Marericks with Windows 8 (64) profile  to fix mouse issue