vNidia GeForce 210 | Black Screen | Niresh 10.9.0
1 1

Question

Dear Niresh/Community,

I decided I would add to my arsenal of os's and try out a hackintosh. I ran into a big problem, and desperately need help.

My specs.

-Dell Optiplex 330

-2 GB 664 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

-Intel Pentium Dual Core (64) 2.00 GHz, 2.00 GHz

-nVidia GeForce 210 PCIEx graphics (Integrated Intel HD graphics)

-3 monitors, all with the same result. (Toshiba HDTV, viewsonic va1930wm, HP Vs17e)

I downloaded and successfully installed Niresh's OS X 10.9 from here. Everything went smoothly until the install finished and the computer rebooted. After the reboot, I see the normal startup screen/apple logo. This is where it gets interesting, my monitor reports "No Signal" as soon as the nVidia drivers are loaded in preparation for logon. I reboot using only integrated graphics, and it works like a charm. Is there some way I can use my nVidia card with my Hackintosh?

(EDIT):

I fixed my problem by switching to the Clover os x bootloader, from chameleon. However there are a few other problems I've been wondering about. I'm now using the nVidia GeForce 210 with QuartzGL enabled, however, I can't change the resolution (stuck at 1024x768 on a 1440x900 monitor). I also noticed that certain visual elements on the screen have a habit of flashing rapidly as they update (IE; A loading webpage). My final bug is one I've heard a lot about, my mouse will stay behind as I drag a window. Can anyone help me with these problems?

-Just a note, all of these last stated problems are present on both the nVidia and integrated graphics systems.

4 answers to this question

@

@Deepak

I fixed everything!!!

Here's how:

I was looking around and found that nVidia made specific mac drivers for my model, however my intel chipset was not supported. I got frustrated and decided to update to OS X 10.9.2. As soon as I rebooted into the update (It worked OOB, surprisingly I did not have to do anything for the update to work) and as soon as I did, this driver auto-configured itself and changed to my native 1440x900 res.

I repeat, install CUDA drivers/then OS X 10.9.2 update/then reboot! that's all I had to do! I logged on and it all fell into place like a miracle!

It fixed everything! I can even play nanosaur II and Minecraft!

Should I write this down for any others wishing to make a Dell Optiplex 330 Hackintosh? (btw, this is a windows XP computer, lol).

try to use different setting in Clover so use Clover Configurator ,,

try load Vbios ,,inject Nvidia ,Inject Resolution ,,inject edid is also .

exact model of your Graphics Card you have nVidia won't produce Graphics Card only Chips ,,

Gt210 is tesla Card which natively Supported in OSX Mavericks ,,for chameleon you need to Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PciRootUID=1 

here is full http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/920-cheapest-graphic-card-for-hackintosh/

@deepak; I have decided to mark this topic as solved, thank you for all of your help.

1 person likes this

it's good news everything you got working , Cheers  :clapping:  :clapping: