AMD Raedon HD 7640g
5 5

Question

Hi there, I just installed Niresh OSX Mavericks and i am enjoying it alot! I managed to get ALL my drivers but one working, and that is my graphics. The Most important. I play games like GarrysMod and CounterStrike ALOT but now they crash due to my graphics not being accelerated. I am using a AMD Raedon 7640g 1GB dedicated graphics card (on board) but it isnt being detected and i have searched hours on google and cannot find it! Please i beg anyone! Please help me, i really need this working. I have looked up so many fixes for different cards. NOTE- I cannot switch my laptop to integrated graphics.

8 answers to this question

Have you considered updating to 10.9.3 or higher? Most AMD HD 7 series cards work with the vanilla kexts there. You might need to revert some kexts though. And install the correct kernel for your CPU.

for me just download Chameleon Wizard (update with the latest) and set up my graphics on org.Chameleon.Boot (AtiConfig and AtiPorts sect) then save. now my desktop resolution is 1366x768

Hey guys my installation went fine and i was even able to upgrade to 10.9.5 currently im using a forced 1600x900 resolution from chameleon wizard but it only has 5MB video memory. Id like to edit on this laptop and FCPX wont install... so 

it seems i have an unsupported graphics card that may require DSDT injection, and the architecture is different from a pc, i dont wanna crash it after all that work smile_osx.png

i have HP Pavilion G7 with AMD A8-4500 processor with Radeon HD 7640G videocard. (http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Rad...G.69836.0.html)
i have 8gb installed so i can go up to 3gb i think with video memory. 
icon_e_ugeek.gif

in my attempt instead of seeing PCI1 in the example  all i saw that was anything close was VGA@1 even when i tried injecting the video card id (9903) i dont know where to put it lol 
So far ive tried it by using a copy of the DSDT.aml on the desktop so as to not corrupt the working one in the system folder. but each time i compile i get an error that there are missing brackets and there was an abrupt end to a process. i know im stuck so if anyone can help it would be awesome. 
also whatever you require to figure it out, please advise and ill do my best to get it to you as soon as... thx again

El 15/5/2014 9:02:19, Berto Delacruz dijo:

Configuracion Danos Totalmente! Sistema de imprimación De Do

Mavericks 10.9, Plaça de la base: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H,  Procesador: A10 7850K,  DDR3-2133 8192MB,  chipset: AMD A88X,   de audio: Realtek ALC887 codec de Alta Definición, LAN  chips de Realtek GbE LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit ),  Multi -Gráficos: APU Con Integrada AMD Radeon HD 8000/7000, Procesador AMD APU w / Radeon R7 Gráficos.

I have only two problems, continuous flashing and deformed lines search Presentation Navigator, Movies do not blink, only the Presentations Browser, and some music noise ior,

Mavericks 10.9, Plaça de la base de: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H,  Procesador: A10 7850K,  DDR3-2133 8192MB,  chipset: AMD A88X,   de audio: Realtek ALC887 codec de Alta Definición, LAN  fichas de Realtek GbE LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit),  Multi -Gráficos: APU Con Integrada AMD Radeon HD 8000/7000, Procesador AMD APU w / Radeon R7.

Sólo tengo dos problemas, parpadeo continuo y líneas que deforman buscar Presentación Navigator, Películas no parpadean, sólo el navegador Presentaciones, y un poco de ruido al oír música.