Alternative for updating to 10.9.3
1 1

Question

Hey guys wondering if I could get help on this. I'm currently running os x 10.9 on an AMD system and wish to update. I know that I need to backup my kexts and manually install the proper kernel, but all that requires the niresh thumbdrive, which I no longer have. I can't make another one, because I don't have another 8gb flashdrive. I downloaded this app called AMD install helper 1.1.1 from the downloads page and was wondering if this would work. If not, does anyone know of an alternate way of updating that doesn't require the niresh bootable usb? I'm a bit of a noob at this, so I apologize if this post is just not possible. Thanks.

specs:

amd athlon iix2 250

Dell inspiron 570 mobo

4gb ram

bfg geforce 8600gts 256mb

1 answer to this question

Hey John, is it too much necessary to update the system. I have a friend of mine who runs a MacBook Air for the last 3 years on the same Snow Leopard platform, so why should we update to the recent version just after it's release (as we are not running the core Apple system)? Don't get personal, but hey buddy, I've tried to update the system just yesterday and messed up a big time. So I had to install 10.9 again. So if you are not so sure about how to update to the latest version (and specifically for your specs), don't go for it. To run previous version is way much better than getting a kernel panic for installing latest update.

Adiós!

1 person likes this