What to click in clover bootloader?
1 1

Question

Hi, after problems with Mavericks I decide to try installing ML in my pc.

Config:

Phenom II x955

4GB AM DDR3

Asus Geforce GTX 660TI

120GB SSD

I have downloaded niresh AMD USB *.dmg, and create a bootable usb with win32 disk imager.

When I boot from usb it will show me something like this:

29w5q11.png

And here I dont know, what to select. I have slightly different picture, there is few options to boot windows from HDD, then two options about UEF and EFI (boot from UEFI, etc.), and one icon with image of moutain lion with caption "boot OS X from OS X" or something like that. All guides that i found on internet does not have clover, and boot directly to this:

15fk3dd.png

But I dont have that screen.

When I select "boot OSX" (picture of ML), it only display apple logo screen like this:

2eow6kx.png

and stays there stuck, no spinning wheel under logo, nothing. I will try some boot flags today. But I need to know, that my progress is right. To lauch OS X installer from clover, I have to select moutain lion icon?

9 answers to this question

In the end, I have managed to install Mavericks Succesfully. All is working good so far. Your video and other video, I have found on youtube really helped :-)

1 person likes this

omg, what a support....cmon guys. Half of a day and no reply?

Why you ever make such user unfriendly installation? this suck.

No guide covering that clover screen, nothing. Only waste of time.

@shiro100

Try to install with Chameleon boot loader, cause that's more user friendly for AMD users! And being honest, these people here are way more than supportive. As you have some other works to do, they also have their own life beside this. So wait with patience! If anyone doesn't have the exact solution for this, why should anyone give you false solutions?  :smile:

I understand, i also helping people in computer forums in my language. But if this is that too much complicated, there has to be a complete guide step by step, covering any aspect of installation.

How do I install with chameleon? When I create bootable usb from DMG image from Niresh, it will boot to that clover screen I have posted before. When I create install usb with Mavericks, it has booted straight to DOS-like screen, like my second picture above. No clover screen, or other confusion...

That DOS-like screen (my second image above) is chameleon?

I have test installation with boot arguments in clover screen, that I post above.

I have booted with args: amd64 -v. There were also other args already written - npci=0x2000, maxmem=3096 and path to basesystem.dmg (or something like that).

After boot I stuck at this and nothing is happened:

zmczd5.jpg

Hi shiro, 

I can't give any suggestion related to this but here is the link to a video that's the most comprehensive guide on internet to install Niresh distro on AMD Platform. Try to do what he did exactly, alright? Reply if you succeed.

1 person likes this

Hi, thanks for the video. I dont know about Customize section in installer until now :-)

Will try new install of Mavericks today.

Best of luck buddy. If you become successful, don't forget to reply :)