Installation failed at 1 minute remaining
2 2

Question

Hello,

I have the same problem as other users who have posted here have, but none of them had an answer from anybody.

I am installing Niresh 10.9.0 from USB drive on a Toshiba Satellite A300-203 laptop and when the installation says one minute remaining, it fails. On the log, I can see it failed running scripts and it reports an error while running GraphicsEnabler.pkg. If I disable GraphicsEnabler on customization, it reports an error with Audio.pkg.

I redownloaded the DMG and made another USB with it and the output is the same. I have installed it on other computer with no problems.

Please give me some light on this.

14 answers to this question

@Antonio92

Hello,

I have the same problem as other users who have posted here have, but none of them had an answer from anybody.

I am installing Niresh 10.9.0 from USB drive on a Toshiba Satellite A300-203 laptop and when the installation says one minute remaining, it fails. On the log, I can see it failed running scripts and it reports an error while running GraphicsEnabler.pkg. If I disable GraphicsEnabler on customization, it reports an error with Audio.pkg.

I redownloaded the DMG and made another USB with it and the output is the same. I have installed it on other computer with no problems.

Please give me some light on this.

Here is the light  :bigsmile:

Try disabling graphics and audio kext from installation customiser, and try again. If that makes any solution, don't forget to reply.

It did not work. Now it gives error on Network.pkg.

It always gives an error at some point of the post install scripts. The log says the following before failing:

PackageKit: *** launch path not accessible

I do not know how to solve this.

Which boot loader are you using? Chameleon or clover? After creating the bootable usb install latest chameleon in your bootable USB drive and try. In the installation customizer use chameleon as boot loader and keep every other untouched, let's see what that can do!  :smile:

Which boot loader are you using? Chameleon or clover? After creating the bootable usb install latest chameleon in your bootable USB drive and try. In the installation customizer use chameleon as boot loader and keep every other untouched, let's see what that can do!  :smile:

Chameleon 2. I did what you said (downloading Chameleon from website) and installed it to the USB, with the same result (installation failing at 1 minute remaining).

If I take the HDD out of the laptop, connect it via eSATA to my desktop computer and try to install Niresh from my desktop computer, same result.

If I try to install it to my desktop computer internal HDD, it finishes with no problem.

@Antonio92, can you please give your full specs?

Toshiba Satellite A300-203 laptop:

Intel Core 2 Duo T6400 @ 2.0 GHz (CPU)

4 GB RAM (memory)

Samsung HM100UI (1 TB) (HDD)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 (graphics card)

Intel WiFi Link 5100 AGN (wireless card)

Realtek PCIe RTL8169 (network card)

@Antonio92, buddy your graphics card is very old for Mavericks (as far as I know graphics matters). Mavericks goes with Intel HD series graphics card. So you may try to install snow leopard via Tonymacx method. That may work. Till then, I really don't have anything for you buddy. Sorry! :(

hello, i am new user of niresh mavericks. i downloaded and installed chameleon from the website. it shows installed successfully, but after restarting the pc, i don't see any bootloader. win8.1 from other partition automatically boots. can u please tell me the thorough process of installing chameleon? will be grateful.....

i also don't find graphics quality to the fullest in mavericks. after installing mavericks, is there something more to do for graphics support?

@sunmad, hi buddy, welcome to the Niresh Family! :)

Just follow the below mentioned tutorial. Do whatever he did in this tutorial. And for graphics you need to find the relevant kext for your GPU. That's all. Let me know if you made it to the desktop, alright?

@shuvonasir, thanks for the video. i actually succeded to install niresh mavericks on my pc before i saw the video. but i didn't got any bootloader. this video is for amd processors, but mine is intel motherboard with built-in graphics card. i didn't need to apply the 'amd -v' flag to install mavericks. will the tricks work for my motherboard? however, in the video, after the guy installs mavericks, i see a graphical niresh interface showing all hard drives. is that the chameleon bootloader? how can i get the bootloader?

Don't add anything at the customize menu and don't even install a boot loader! go fully clean then manually install a boot loader when you get into the OS. You can then use Multibeast/Slytherin to fix audio/networking/graphics

1 person likes this

Don't add anything at the customize menu and don't even install a boot loader! go fully clean then manually install a boot loader when you get into the OS. You can then use Multibeast/Slytherin to fix audio/networking/graphics

i did according to ur suggestion. after booting to the desktop, i downloaded the bootloader from this site and successfully installed it. but after restarting the pc, i didn't get any bootloader. i don't know what to do. i am very much new to hackintosh.

Ok, try booting into the USB again and booting that way? See if you can get to the desktop?   Did you install the bootloader to the same HDD you installed OS X to

Ok, try booting into the USB again and booting that way? See if you can get to the desktop?   Did you install the bootloader to the same HDD you installed OS X to

i always have to boot using the usb to run mavericks, since there is no bootloader. otherwise, windows automatically boots.

ya, i installed the bootloader on the same HDD with OS X installed.