Recover Partition and Its Data
2 2

Question

Hi Niresh,

Please help me get my Partition and Data recovered. I have created an unallocated space using Disk Management before Installing Mac OS 10.9. And while performing Erase in Disk Utility unfortunately I have selected my windows drive and has formatted it. Doing so suddenly I turned of my system and checked my partition in windows in which I use to save all the Data, the partition was lost as well as Data. So kindly help me get my Data back. Please help me ASAP. 

Thanks,

Chiranjeevi.

4 answers to this question

You'll first need to stop using that hard drive to avoid any of your data to become overwritten.

You'll also need a 2nd hard drive of equal or greater size to transfer your recovered data to.

Use either "GetDataBack" or "EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard" to restore you data, it will take a long time.. expect the recovery to take most of the day.

These are both windows based programs so you're going to either need a 2nd computer to run this on that you can plug your hard drive into, or you can install windows onto your 2nd hard drive that you would be transferring the recovered data onto, just make sure you don't reinstall windows on your original drive that has the lost data.

Thanks, Will try and let you know. Let me now if there are any better alternatives. I tried with s/w called Data Recovery where it found all the files but while recovering files I found that the files are corrupted. So I tried with another one it is not showing all the files but is providing correct data with out any corruption. 

Once they've become corrupted there's nothing you can do to undo it. Though it's odd that they all became corrupted. What programs have you tried? What are you recovering the files onto?