Stuck with just 1 monitor.
1 1

Question

Hey y'all :)

I am running a AMD fx-6100 and a R9 270x (2gb msi version)

I was browsing through the downloads section and found a driver for my card. Since I had the issue before, I thought this might fix it. All it did was change the card in the SMBios from Radeon 7xxx to R9 270x.  I can run ONE monitor on any port (Display port, HDMI, DVI-I or DVI-D). When I plug  a second monitor in, one goes blank (The first monitor) and the other shows a bunch of different colored lines down it. Both monitors will stay on until you turn the machine off. When you plug the third monitor in, The first one comes back on and displays what it was displaying before but the system is frozen, the third one goes white and the other shows the colored lines. Essentially, I am stuck with one of 3 monitors. 

Note: I have tried changing the SMBios from mac pro to iMac and I do have the R9 270x Driver installed still

I would like to get this running as this issue is the only thing stopping me from moving across full time!

3 answers to this question

You should describe the rest of your build as it probably has something to do with your problem.   I run two monitors off of the Radeon in my gigabyte setup with no problem.  You also need to be specific as to how you're plugging your monitors in,  which port,  which is your boot up port, etc.

Ok... I use Display port (With a active vga adapter) and both DVI ports.

Specs:

MOBO: MSI 990FXA-GD80

CPU: AMD FX-6100

RAM: Corsair Vengence 1600mhz (1x8gb)   &  G.Skill Ripjaw X 1333MHz (1x8gb)

Boot Drive (OS X): OCZ Vertex 2 (100GB trim enabled)
GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2gb (Either non OC or factory OC)

If you need any other specs, lemme know :)

Update:

Installed a kext I found on the interwebz and I can now run 2 monitors, One on DVI and one on DP, all configs tried with numerous adapters for VGA/DVI/DP/HDMI, both passive and active, 2 is all I could get going. Better than one but not as good as 3!