Installer issue
1 1

Question

Okay so I got approximatively the same problem as here: http://www.hackintosh.zone/forums/topic/2077-cant-boot-usb-mavericks-installer/

So I have this HP 15-e036sf with a AMD A4-5000 APU, my motherboard does not support AHCI, too.

But, I'd like to install Mavericks in dual boot with the Windows 8 the laptop came in.

I partitionned the HDD and created a Mavericks usb with Win32 Disk Imager.

Then, the problems came, when I wanted to boot from the usb stick, it would detect it correctly and all that stuff, but the installer just refuses to load.

I tried starting it with -v and it gave me command lines that scrolled too fast to see what it said and then, simply restarted.

Even if I try to start it normally, it simply restarts.

Is it a problem from my processor (As I saw in the pinned topic) or my usb that was not correctly made?

8 answers to this question

It HAS to be AHCI. End of.   Sorry but if you can't find a way to run AHCI (Or run an older OS X version such as 10.6/7) then it's a near impossible task

I heard from many sites that Niresh support non-ahci drives, that why i chose it.

Also found this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/290644-installing-os-x-on-non-ahci-drive-laptop/

Can this work with Mavericks?

I tried also to boot with the command amd -v oramd -x GraphicsEnabler=No

And I get this:

1401008540-cam00280.jpg

Edit: 

(Or run an older OS X version such as 10.6/7)

So you're telling me that I can install Lion without AHCI?

Try lion as worst case. I dont think the first few mac books had AHCI and they ran 10.6 and 10.7...    Try "cpus=1"

1 person likes this

Okay, i'll try Lion, thanks for the answer.

There is a special way to update from Lion to Mountain Lion afterwards?

Well, on a real mac, via the app store but on a hackintosh, it would be a re-install job

<hy, to get mavericks you have to be on AHCI other way, i don't think you can do anything,,maybe you get lion or leopard, as someone sad before,,

Hmmm, they might work. In your case, I would stick with the absolute earliest version that will do what you want/need (Don't dip below 10.6.8)