"Install Failed" (AMD FX-6300)
1 1

Question

Hey Everyone! I downloaded the 10.9 .dmg file from here and made a bootable USB with no issues. My motherboard has been set to AHCI and I am able to boot into the installer using "amdfx -v". Once at the installed I formatted my 1tb drive as 1 partition with Mac OS X Extended Journaled and unchecked the graphicsenabler=yes option. The install gets to about 5 min remaining and just fails...

Specs:

AMD FX-6300 3.5ghz

8GB 1600mhz Ram

1TB Western Digital HD

512mb Nvidia Geforce 9800GTX+

MSI 970A-G46

8 answers to this question

i've  install on AMD,,older than yours, advice, don't boot with graphicesEnabler=Yes,,but,  " GraphicesEnabler=No -v ",,i've had some issues at the start, but, after some time, i did really install succefully mavericks on my AMD,,sad thing is that i can't enable my ATI HD 6130,, and that is the worst,, got sound, wifi, CPU, DVDDrive, ;)

I run an FX-6100 and    "amdfx -v" worked for me, if not try "amdfx -x -v"    OR    "amdfx -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No"   OR      "amdfx -x -v GraphicsEnabler=yes"

@David McDonough, try to follow this tutorial. Do exactly what he did in the tutorial. You'll have your installation right in your PC. :)

In which case, try remounting the DMG to the USB/ Re burning the disk. If that fails, try re-downloading. If the installer is corrupt, that is solved, if not, we can move on to hardware issues. :)

I was try 2 pendrive, and reburn 1000000 times :D. I'll download again now and hope it helps. Do you know what the MD5 is dmg file?

I scanned the MD5 of mine:                                 0224eaad6b9d4f7ca764b53ba9cbc9f1

(10.9 Mavericks, Niresh build, DMG version)

Use a program called WinMD5Free to check/verify yours