Graphics Intel HD 4000 ASUS X501A with Clover Bootloader
2 2

Question

Hi,

ASUS X501A with Clover Bootloader installed getting kernel panic before start, along with apple logo display.(probably i goofed up on config.plist)

i tried following guides available, i was able to install clover and add it to menu's...not much experienced with hackintosh.

Below are the results i could get with the help of the guides...

However,  with Install USB 10.9 (clover) i can boot, again different results...

1) Boot Args "-x -v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "Inject Intel HD 4000 +"

HDMI out shows 1080p (as i like it...)

2) Boot Args "-v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "Inject Intel HD 4000 +"

HDMI out shows Error....

"GPU Hang

Trying Restart GPU...

Main RING is NOT waiting on an Event"

3) Boot Args "-v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "Inject Intel HD 4000 +"

LAPTOP Display shows NOTHING.....Display is out, nothing on screen... :-(

4) Boot Args "-v ncpi=2000" and Graphics Injector Menu "UN-INJECT Intel HD 4000 "

LAPTOP and HDMI Display shows very low resolution.....Screen icons and menu's are huge in size... :-(

I simply wish to have the Graphics working on laptop itself in the best resolution(no screen flickering). Didn't want to confuse anyone, all 4 observations mentioned above are to just clarify where i stand, after i invested weeks.

At least if some one can tell how can i copy Installer USB ALL EFI Clover Content to installed Mavericks Drive EFI Clover Content..(just tired of keeping this installer usb plugged in)

Could some one please help/suggest...thanks in advance.

23 answers to this question

Hi Deepak,

thanks for suggesting me steps...though i'm afraid i could not get it.

tried couple of times, Resolved all other problems, have system now working up and running without usb installer

(my 500 HDD has 2 partitions, 499 GB MAVERICKS Installed + 1 GB MS DOS FAT (To boot EFI Clover)

In order to resolve Graphics issue, installed Chamleon too, attached screenshot for org.chameleon.boot.plist(current)

still after reboot resolution remains 1024x768…

• Question 1 - i went in SLE found AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext > Contents > MacOS > AppleIntelFramebufferCapri (What to do with it…..shall i rename it to “fbcapri somethingâ€) or edit it with some tool..
  • i tried installing Poision tool....it just disappeared..couldn't find it somehow...does it need 10.9.3 update?

please suggest me next course of action, it just remains 1024x768....wish it could do better.

Thanks in advance :-)

post-54864-0-49302900-1401380951_thumb.p

post-54864-0-04504400-1401380969_thumb.p

post-54864-0-83146300-1401380987_thumb.p

you don't need to do anything with kexts ,this is boot loader patch ,make sure have latest boot loader 

but what boot loader you are on clover or chameleon ??

Deepak,

Thanks for your prompt response. Much appreciated.

I am terribly sorry i didn't know i can use latest bootloader only to resolve this...it just i saw many people doing it so i assumed it can run both.

So far i can boot with clover 2671 only..again that i have in separate 1 GB partition..so that i can boot.

i got it from one fella who got it (S400C Asus with Niresh 10.9.2) all working and attached on

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296690-asus-s400c-success-install-1092-mavericks/

Is there something specific setting in clover which can remedy the situation to 1366x768(which i get during install always)

please suggest me on that frame buffer capri...do i need to simply rename it(never done it before...saw the guide and just couldn't figure it out)

Thanks again.

update your bootloader using my tool or clover.pkg 

please suggest me on that frame buffer capri...do i need to simply rename it(never done it before...saw the guide and just couldn't figure it out)

just forget this if requires i will tell you ,

make sure you have installed vanilla kext in S/L/E means not modiifed kext ..

sorry for troubling you again, i just want to share and confirm..

Bootloader already Clover 2671

i can run setup again for your Macpoison tool but again the bootloader clover is in separate partition, which i can't select as target reason it doesn't have mac installed(in ms dos fat).

by vanilla kext you mean UNEDITED like just after install as they are (untouched) in SLE they are present...there. but system boot loader is in separate partition which doesn't have any of these kexts which are in SLE.

please consider i checked this thing... my system boots with separate BOOT partition which has only clover 2671 where i have a 10.9 KEXTS FOLDER there are none of those kexts which are related to Intel 4000 HDA.(shall i copy all the kexts from SLE to BOOT partition...would that help)

so do i just need to copy the apple intel kexts to the CLover Partition 10.9 Kext Folder....(from SLE to clover boot partiton)

if that is not the case, please suggest from where i can get guranteed vanilla kexts for Intel HD 4000 not sure, just fresh installed this...guessing these should be vanilla kexts only. if i'm not wrong.

please suggest if i should do some other changes. i thought this way it would be more stable...

sorry i am bit slow with this stuff...this seems to be the only issue i think i need to resolve.

thanks for helping me out.  

clover is on Fat partition ,is EFI ??

this means you have you have efi partition ,then select clover Uefi installation ,

i erased my fat partition now..no files no folders. Installed clover 2671 pkg in MAC partition, able to see folders and stuff related to that.

Ran MacPoison Tool..targetted MAC partition. Used EFI Mounter to mount the EFI Partition(has all kinds of files and folders related to clover...), can boot with clover EFI boot loader..don't have any usb plugin requirements..working ok.

Related to Graphics Resolution Issue. Now, there is some progress no doubt..

1) If i enter Fake ID 0x01660003 in Graphics Menu with clover options...i can boot and get 1024x768...though weard thing is if i check about GPU  config it displays HD4000 but with 3 MB only. Even if i have 0x01660003 entry in my config.plist it just doesn't take it...however ncpi=0x2000 it takes automatically while booting.....

2) If i  don't enter Fake ID in clover options...i see mouse pointer (with 1366x768) which i'm sure about...however after a second screen gets scrambled(attached screenshot). 

It's just, i am unable to apply any logic here to fix it...please suggest something.

Thanks.

use clover configurator to handle your config.plist 

enter value which suites you better 

IntelCapriFB=a_value from 0 to 11

also try to inject EDID 

Deepak,

asking may be really novice question...

IntelCapriFB=a_value from 0 to 11 (where to do it...for trial, before i get to know what is the magic number)

is it in the clover options(Graphics Injector Menu) on hit and try basis, initially

if yes, do i need to enter the FakeID or not?

if yes, there it also says FBConfig:NA (do i need to remove the NA and enter)

For example to understand...Shall i enter the whole thing IntelCapriFB=a_3

or just enter 3....

don't know if any specific place has any screenshots...tried several times with my limited brain got some kernel panic and no success..again clueless. Sorry for that.

any screenshot or picture could have been bit easy...when i googled it find a lot about chameleon..which i don't have..

Thanks

just to let you know, without Entering FAKE ID (0x01660003)....i tried all combinations(from 0 to 11 by entering only the number in like 0 or 1...with/without inject EDID)

could only see 2 type of results...either screen scrambled or kernel panic.

one more thing rarely after scrambled screen, i see another screen where the circle revolves and never stops...HDD LED is not lit in that case..just to let you know.

If i need to enter the whole string, which one looks correct

IntelCapriFB=a_0

IntelCapriFB=0

Is it possible, if i give you some extract file(s) like may be my config.plist...if you could just look at it once. please.

Hi Deepak,

Booting with Clover with switches "-x -xcpm ncpi=0x2000 Graphics Mode=1366x768x32" and Inject EDID+Intel HD 4000..........i can boot in safe mode without any problems. GPU shows HD4000 with 1024 MB.

Booting without -x, results scrambled screen.......if i remove Graphics Mode=1366x768x32 from the clover switch then it boots in normal mode 1024x768. GPU shows HD4000 with 3 MB.

is it possible to fix this...please suggest.

Thank you.

correct me if i wrong

when your in Safemode Vram size is 1024mb and when in normal mode size is 3mb ??

Deepak,

i think you are right.

However, i've attached pics to clarify what i meant...apologies i'm not real good with this stuff sometimes..

post-54864-0-89352700-1401762939_thumb.p

post-54864-0-64025700-1401762984_thumb.p

sorry i was kinda busy with macpois0n

have tried to change smbios ??

i think you are right.

something is messed ,why won't kexts not work in normal mode only in safe mode ..

type kextstat in terminal and provide me image 

Deepak,

i'm afraid this didn't help...with -x i can get on and without -x it just doesn't take me to login screen even.

yes, if i enter Fake ID in clover>Graphic Injection Menus>0x01660003....without any clover switches i can boot to normal mode but only 1024x768...which lags.

Even tried fresh install, no new results...always stuck with same issue no matter what.

would the update thing help...or any other suggestions.

I had the same problem using Clover, but when using Chameleon seems like the problem solved using caprifb=3, but the problem is I can use chameleon bootloader only when using mbr. using GPT can't boot w/o usb installer and seems like I can't install my windows on mbar partition.