HP 2000 Notebook PC - BIOS settings?
1 1

Question

I am sure my new laptop is compatible with Mavericks, it does run a AMD E-300 APU @ 2 cores @ 1.3 GHz, it may seem bad to a majority of you, but ti runs wicked fast for me, and I use heavy applications like Photoshop, FL Studio, etc. Anyway, today I decided to try again and install Niresh, last time I didn't know how to access my BIOS in Windows 8.1, now,I have figured it all out, but, I went into my BIOS, and I do not see any options to change SATA to AHCI and then when I try to set the PC to boot from USB, it continues to Windows 8.1 (Update 1). It does have UEFI Boot setting alongside Legacy? If anyone can help or provide some facts to this, thanks! o//u//o

2 answers to this question

The Power of your machine doesn't dictate if it's hackintosh compatible. It's strictly Architecture of the CPU, and compatibility with your hardware. The E series might be difficult, but look for guides of others. What you have is a budget series AMD APU. I managed to boot my AMD A8-5500 by disabling secure boot, enabling legacy, writing the image to my USB drive, booting with amd -v. Do not expect to have graphics working with QE/CI out of the box, and from what you're asking, I don't know that you understand what that even means. As far as changing your controller to AHCI, it likely is already, as it probably doesn't have PATA/SATA settings given the newer chipset. I don't want to upset you, but there's volumes to learn before you decide that you can install OS X. It's not just the power, it's specific hardware, or non-standard hardware supported through the hard work of people who are making kexts for free. 

Thanks for the info! And I guess I misunderstood a majority of it, thanks for the clarifying! So, I want to know, will the graphics work or not? Meaning, will I see a GUI? Can you elaborate please? I know the Amd E series does support MAvericks because I foudn another person online who booted it and used it on the same CPU, I just need to figure out how to get the USB to boot.. o-o