Install demands pairing of BT keyboard
4 4

Question

I am trying to install the latest Niresh 10.9 on an E series Vaio laptop (the 17" model) but, after the initial Apple screen, it presents a white box containing a picture of an Apple keyboard in profile and saying "To pair a Bluetooth keyboard, turn it on and wait for your computer to connect to it." Everything around this box is grey; there are no buttons, menus, or other means to proceed or skip this step, and it sits there forever. This is before ever reaching any portion of the installer.

I thought originally that this error might be connected with the common "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error, which verbose boot indicated I was suffering from. However, this was remedied by using "UseKernalCache=No" at startup. I no longer have an error relating to the Bluetooth controller, but am still stuck at this screen prompting me to pair a keyboard with no way forward. (It comes up even in verbose boot.)

Suggestions would be appreciated!

4 answers to this question

I ran into a same problem, might be we need a usb keyboard to boot, but I don't have one to test yet

@Race MoChridhe

Hit the spacebar on your keyboard.

thank you SO much! Ugh tried every damn button on the keyboard except the spacebar. 

1 person likes this