Help! Stuck at "flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0):"
2 2

Question

Hi, first time poster here but been a follower for a while.

So, I've been messing with Mavericks for some time now. I was able to install it a couple of times before (using "amd64 -v" flags) alongside windows/linux on an SSD. It worked fine, except I tried to update it and had problems, and eventually gave up on the whole project for a while. It should probably be mentioned that at the time I was using an EVGA Nvidia 9800 GT as my gpu, and it's the only component I have since changed.

Recently, in preparation for the release of Watch Dogs, I upgraded to a GTX 750 TI and decided to have another go at building a hackintosh, but I'm not able to do it anymore. Now, after each installation, on the first boot I get stuck at "flow_divert_kctl_disconnect (0): disconnecting group 1", and I tried to boot with and without the flash drive, both bootloaders included in the installation customization options, and several boot flags. In non-verbose mode, sometimes I get the apple logo screen frozen, and sometimes there's that additional "stop sign" thingy. I looked this up extensively and there is very very little save for a couple of suggestions for boot flags, of which I tried many combinations: npcis, graphic enablers, rootuids, archs and all those hyphenated consonants, if you pardon my newbness. In BIOS, I changed the controller type to AHCI, enabled HPET (though there's no option for 64 bit, just enable/disable) and disabled virtualization. I also made sure to disconnect all USB devices except for my etekcity mouse and microsoft wireless keyboard, and disconnected all SATAs except the target device from the mobo. And I always wait at least 20 minutes on each attempt (which from what I've read, is probably too much, especially for an SSD?). I'm using a DVI cable, but I tried it with an HDMI as well. Anyways, that's about it. I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible, but once again, this is my first post so sorry if I messed up somehow. And sorry for the crap crop job in that screenshot, didn't notice it until now  :drunk:

Hopefully someone here can help me out. My goal is to use OS X as my primary OS for everyday use, in an SSD, and Windows exclusively for gaming, in a separate HDD. I'd also like to know your opinion on this setup, if possible.

Thanks a lot in advance!

----

Specs:

- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965

- Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 (Rev 1.4)

- GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB

- SSD:  Kingston HyperX 3k SH103S3/240G

- RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9

- Power Supply: 500W Corsair CX500

- Tower: NZXT Guardian 921

post-55845-0-32402000-1401647187_thumb.j

4 answers to this question

Yeah also have the same issue.

Specs are all different except for the gpu 

I have a evga 750 ti SC 

Ill try more boot flags but idk

1 person likes this

Yeah also have the same issue.

Specs are all different except for the gpu 

I have a evga 750 ti SC 

Ill try more boot flags but idk

It's doable, I've done it a few times, just don't know what's going wrong now. Probably the motherboard, I can't find much on that specific model though. Did you try any other distro? I'm about to try Mountain Lion.

I had the same problem, i tried reinstalling numerous times, the fix i found was to reinstall with additional flags and nvidia kexts at install...

Latasha, may I ask what is your GPU?

I finally got my build to work after checking a few other options under the installation customization option, but I'm only able to boot directly from the Niresh USB, and only on 1024x768. Don't need any boot flags whatsoever though.

The problem with the graphics is that apparently there are no kexts/drivers for new Nvidia "Maxwell" architecture graphics cards, like my GTX 750ti, for mac - not yet anyway. I'll try the nvidia web drivers solution proposed in other forums, but doubt it will work.

Can anyone confirm the Maxwell GPU thing?

Thanks!