Using MacPwn to install Help
2 2

Question

I already have a working OSX install on an SSD using Niresh Mavericks edition. I wanted to try MacPwn. I followed instructions and gathered my ALC892 audio kexts, place them in a folder called "Kexts" and I put that folder in another folder called MacPwn. I ran MacPwn and created a usb install. I then rebooted and the installation was fine. When I booted to the OS, when you go to setup your account, it goes back to the beginning of the install screen when you have to select DHCP for internet. If I select skip, I can go to the desktop but I have no Audio or internet.

I see the kexts in User Kexts section of the hard drive but why did they not work? I am using the same audio kexts on my Niresh Mavericks installation and they work fine.

4023-RealtekRTL8111 Kext v1.1.1.zip

7 answers to this question

Reporting back using MacPois0n and installing everything but the ALC892 driver, the install with MacPois0n worked. Just install iKext and load the ALC892 kext manually. 

Thank you for the help Deepak!

1 person likes this

Use MacPois0n to install your Kext 

Thanks I will try that, I thought by placing the kexts in the usb via the MacPwn instructions that they would install properly. I've remade the usb stick without custom kexts but I did select advanced installation. Maybe that will make a difference.

Well I tried MacPois0n and it didn't work. I selected all my needed kexts and it starts installing. Toward the end it says the installation failed. Not sure why, I tried it twice.

Edit: Attached Log from installer

InstallerLog1-Jun-2014.txt

for AppleHDA patching Requires Vanilla AppleHDA in S/L.E .MacPois0n fails bucz it doesnt find Vanilla Kext

try everything without Checking Audio ,,try with different comabinations

I will reinstall from the usb I created and I will not select install internet and audio drivers on the customize section. I will then try running Mac pois0n and see what it does.

So basically don't check any customize options from the usb except the advance install.

Macpois0n is still in Beta version thats why you are getting some issues ,have patience  I'm working on it 

1 person likes this