Updating to Yosemite on AMD
4 4

Question

Ok, I have seen it done with Macpwn and I have seen videos where the DMG has been pulled apart and flash drives have been made to install it but I speak for many when I ask what is the easiest way to install it on AMD until Niresh releases a new distro?

10 answers to this question

Hmm, You've seen it done with MacPwn? Where? 

Also I don't know about you but I'm having problems with booting the installation on AMD.

They redid the kernel and EFI environment, thats also why chameleon won't work. I guess you have to wait until we know more about Yosemite

What I gathered... Might not bother as I'm getting a macbook in september

I installed it on my system but I don't have AMD processor. There is a MacPwn app now for the developer preview file.

Yea, I did see that. From what I gather, MacPWN isn't to AMD freindly?

The kernel needs modified for AMD...as always. There seem to be many install methods available now but with the latest Chamelon method my kexts install but do not work for sound. And they were the same kexts used after I installed with MacPwn which is odd.

Hey I hope they figure out to soon (I'm more active on InsanelyMac (Username "Hack Pro").

I think the distro is more efficient to try "The Great Yosemite" on AMD .. thanks Niresh !!! :rock:

Now bronya has released a yosemite amd kernel just google amd kernels and check out the first result.