R9 290 on 10.9.3?

Question

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I just tried installing the R9 290 package as soon as Niresh published it on Facebook page. I have Mavericks 10.9.3, latest Chameleon bootloader. I installed kexts with kext utility. The problem is that the card is recognized (I suppose) correctly: AMD HD8xxx with 4096GB VRAM, kexts are loaded, but I have no QE/CI.

What should I try do to?

3 answers to this question

Ok, I'm running a R9 270x and installed the R9 270x package, it changed mine from a Radeon 7xxx to R9 270x and allowed 2 monitors as opposed to one but still struggling with QE/CI and 3 monitors :/

1 person likes this

Mmmmm, the fact is that Niresh said he tested it on Mavericks and has everything working, so I also suppose QE/CI. Don't know how to do :/

Ok, I'm running a R9 270x and installed the R9 270x package, it changed mine from a Radeon 7xxx to R9 270x and allowed 2 monitors as opposed to one but still struggling with QE/CI and 3 monitors :/

Hi. Can I ask how you go about installing the R9 270x package? I tried last night by opening the app, installing and rebooting. When I rebooted my graphics were still saying Radeon 7xxx. Is there something I need to do after running the installer? Anyone able to give me a hand with this please? Thanks much!