Question

Hi everyone, I am having trouble dual booting Windows 8.1 and Mavericks. I am not really sure which OS to install first in the Hard drive I am using, or how to properly install a boot loader for both of them to work. I have UEFI for my motherboard if you need to know. 

5 answers to this question

You should install OSX first, make 2 partitions 1 For osx and one for Windows. Use GPT partition format, format the windows partition FAT (Ms-dos filesystem)

You should install OSX first, make 2 partitions 1 For osx and one for Windows. Use GPT partition format, format the windows partition FAT (Ms-dos filesystem)

How do I partition using a GPT format with osx? Windows tells me it formats to MBR and does not let me install windows. 

Press the options/opties(my pc is in dutch) Then there is GUID/GPT partition format OJQCfwT.png

Once you have installed OSX and Chameleon formatted 1 partition as FAT you can install windows. I did it too

Press the options/opties(my pc is in dutch) Then there is GUID/GPT partition format OJQCfwT.png

Once you have installed OSX and Chameleon formatted 1 partition as FAT you can install windows. I did it too

When I finish installing Mavericks with ACHI do I change back to IDE when Installing windows?

no, that is not necesarry