MacPwn Yosemite Installer 16 minutes remaining...
4 4

Question

Hi all, sorry about the title. 

My problem is that after starting the OSX Yosemite installer, the time remaining is 16 minutes - and it has been for about an hour now. I dont think its making any progress at all...

I'm using a Lenovo Z580, Intel i5 3210m, 6GB RAM - Which previously has Mountain Lion installed. I used MacPwn for Yosemite to create the installer. It doesn't freeze because I can still use the mouse and move it around on screen ??

Any help anyone ?? 

Thanks everyone !!

1 person likes this

8 answers to this question

Okay, well I sorted it out myself so anyone who might ever have this problem;

1) Restart your PC and boot the Installer with whatever flags - I didn't need any. 

2) Go Utilities>Disk Utility

3) Select your Partition, then click verify disk. After that, click repair disk, found in the lower right of the box.

4) Install onto your partition :)

Okay, well I sorted it out myself so anyone who might ever have this problem;

1) Restart your PC and boot the Installer with whatever flags - I didn't need any. 

2) Go Utilities>Disk Utility

3) Select your Partition, then click verify disk. After that, click repair disk, found in the lower right of the box.

4) Install onto your partition :)

I have the same stuck installer. I tried verify and repair, didn't do anything. Eventually there was a reported error of stuck trying to install essentials pkg. So, any other ideas? thanks johnm

I've had that before and I've normally fixed it by remaking the installer, make it using MacPwn if you're not already :)

Install onto your partition :)

What is this onto?This is apps or ....?

Maybe someone can help me. I created USB using MacPwn. Problem is it never gives me "Customize" button, so I'm not able to create installer the way my hardware requires. Also command line options text length is limited and I cannot type in all my options.