Stuck at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"
4 4

Question

Hello,

I seem to be stuck at the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" during install boot. If I understand correctly, is actually stuck at "DSMOS has arrived".

Not even -x or -s will load or even get me to a command line.

I have tried many things including, but not limited to:

• -v -x
  • -v -s
  • GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v
  • darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No -v
  • UseKernelCache=No -s -x

The system is an Acer Aspire V5-573P-9899, i7-4500U, Intel HD Graphics 4400.

My guess is that it is something to do with the Mobo or the integrated graphics as it is a laptop.

I also saw people saying to disable VT-d. I am not sure where to find this. I looked in the BIOS and did not see anything. I also tried changing the VM to "32 bit" settings and disabling VT-x, but that didn't work and everything that I have read says to leave that on.

I am running the system in Vritualbox (see SS attached) and I have tried both Linux and Windows Hosts, so I am pretty sure it is not the host OS.

any ideas?

Thanks!

post-56890-0-92040600-1402301881_thumb.j

1 person likes this

6 answers to this question

Hello,

I have also tried partitioning some space to install it natively, but when I boot with UEFI, the USB is not an option (even though other USB drives work fine), so I changed to Legacy and boot to it, but once I get to the installer, I see the Apple screen for a second and then it reboots. I have tried the boot commands above (-v, -x, -s, etc) and no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Jerry

1 person likes this

I'm in the same boat. Trying to get this to install on Dell E6440 with i5 4300u Intel HD 4600.
whenever I try to boot from Niresh USB (has to be in legacy mode since UEFI is not supported) changed bios HD to ahci but it will flash apple logo grey screen for a second and reboot, I have tried several methods of -s -x -v USB fix etc etc and in verbose I was able to see it looked like it was a peripheral error, but have gotten no farther. Now I'm trying to load into virtualbox and had the bluetooth controller transport issue, I fixed that somewhat by booting with dart=0.

I'm currently staring at the spinning apple logo screen waiting for anything to happen.

Jpull, I finally got my virtual Mavericks to load. I ran it in Virtualbox with no joy all the flags etc etc, came across a single thread somewhere and finally tried one last thing. I'm partial to virtualbox and open source software but someone said to try the latest VMware, I did and it worked. I was able to get to the installer and run it there. Since I was using the virtual install as a test for my actual install I decided to try the next steps back on my Dell E6440 and finally got it succesfully installed last night.

For anyone else stumbling across this thread and maybe looking for some information for my PC or for a Haswell 4300u processor, you HAVE to use the dmg file to create the bootable disk from niresh mavericks "USB" version. Some tut's may say either one works, but I could never get the ISO/IMG version to boot, has to be the dmg.

Switch bios HD settings to ahci, boot to usb may say "Invalid Paritition table!" hit any key and you'll see the initial boot options, make sure niresh mavericks is highlighted and you may have to work with different flags, but for the Dell it was ONLY xpcm-free -v      You'll soon see the install screen and you know the rest. As for the editing of the boot.list and things of that nature, I will be experimenting the rest of this week trying to get everything succsefully configured and figured out. When/IF I do I'll post back here.

Jpull, I finally got my virtual Mavericks to load. I ran it in Virtualbox with no joy all the flags etc etc, came across a single thread somewhere and finally tried one last thing. I'm partial to virtualbox and open source software but someone said to try the latest VMware, I did and it worked. I was able to get to the installer and run it there. Since I was using the virtual install as a test for my actual install I decided to try the next steps back on my Dell E6440 and finally got it succesfully installed last night.

For anyone else stumbling across this thread and maybe looking for some information for my PC or for a Haswell 4300u processor, you HAVE to use the dmg file to create the bootable disk from niresh mavericks "USB" version. Some tut's may say either one works, but I could never get the ISO/IMG version to boot, has to be the dmg.

Switch bios HD settings to ahci, boot to usb may say "Invalid Paritition table!" hit any key and you'll see the initial boot options, make sure niresh mavericks is highlighted and you may have to work with different flags, but for the Dell it was ONLY xpcm-free -v      You'll soon see the install screen and you know the rest. As for the editing of the boot.list and things of that nature, I will be experimenting the rest of this week trying to get everything succsefully configured and figured out. When/IF I do I'll post back here.

how did you got that dmg file?

I'm also struggling with the bluetooth stuff....trying to install from the ISO in virtualbox on my XPS 8700

I have a raid setup for my data hd where my virtual machine goes.