Partition Problems
1 1

Question

Hi everyone, I am having trouble dual booting windows and niresh mavericks. I have to partition my hard drive into 3 partitions because, my hard drive is 3TB. Mavericks does not run if a partition is over 1 TB. Anyway I use niresh mavericks disk utility to format my hard drive as the following: First partition is formatted as mac os extended, the second partition is formatted as MS-DOS (FAT) as a GUID partition also, the third partition is formatted as free space, When I install mavericks on the first partition I go and try to install Windows on the second partition. However, it says windows can't be installed in that partition because it is not formatted as a GUID partition even if I did format it as so. Or I also try to install windows first and try to install the other partition for mavericks but it doesn't let me. I have even tried to format it into 2 partitions with windows but still mavericks won't let me format the other partition for mavericks.  It gives me an error or just says preparing to partition and stays like that forever. I have tried everything to try and install them but, I have not managed to do it. If someone could help me fix this? Thanks.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet