Please Help me with the Installation!!
5 5

Question

Hi  im trying to instal Mac OS Lion in my AMD but im getting this error!!

Anyone Help me on this

16 answers to this question

Write -v amd64 at boot menu.

I tried But still the same error!!! My PC Config is

AMD Phenom X2 555 - 3.2Ghz

Gigabyte GA 770T US3

4GB Ram

Ge Force GT250!!

Please help me!!

You're not loading the correct kernel actually. It says it is loading the mach_kernel which is the Intel kernel. Use this boot flag exactly : "Kernel Cache"=amd64 with the quotation marks, along with any other boot flag you might need. AMD usually gives you a PCI Configuration error as well, so you might also want to use npci=0x2000 . If you are using an AMD graphics card add the GraphicsEnabler=No to your boot flags. So try booting with this :

-v "Kernel Cache"=amd64 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

If it works then you should get "Loading kernel /amd64" in the log. If that doesn't work then you might be missing the correct kernel. So go back to windows, run a virtual OS X machine and edit your installation media. Delete the original Intel mach_kernel and rename the amd64 kernel into mach_kernel. Keep in mind that when the installation is finished you will need to boot with that same kernel and then do some editing in the installed OS X in order to replace the mach_kernel on that disk with your AMD kernel. I can't write much more right now, because I am in a hurry, but do the installation and if it works ask here for more.

Oh, also , when I did my installation it worked without a PCIRootUID flag but after the installation it needed that boot flag set to 1 in order to boot into OS X.

Hi guys I've an ASUS X53U with this specs:

AMD APU C60 (64 bit)

AMD Radeon HD 6290

Gigabit Ethernet

Atheros AR9285

I install ok, but then when I reboot wont start any help please? Thanks.

I am not sure if Niresh distro installs the correct mach_kernel in the root of your installation drive. Mine didn't so I had to manually put it in there. To do this, boot into the OSX installation program and open the terminal. You need to use the cp command to copy the amd64 file from the Niresh bootable media to the root of your installation. I will try to give you an example. 

Open terminal from the tools menu on the top bar and type : 

ls /Volumes/

The output should be all your drives, including the USB (or DVD) you are currently booted from. Let's say the name of the USB drive is "Niresh USB". You will need to issue the command :

ls /Volumes/"Niresh USB"/ (with the " since there is a space in the directory name)

There should be a file named amd64 in there. Let's say the directory you installed OSX in was named "OSX". You should issue this command exactly :

cp /Volumes/"Niresh USB"/amd64 /Volumes/OSX/mach_kernel

What this does is it replaces the kernel on the root of your installation with the amd64 kernel. Try booting again. if the problem persists use the boot flag: "Kernel Cache"=mach_kernel

I also believe that your graphics card is not supported in versions 10.8 or older, so use "Graphics Enabler"=No as well.

Please reply if it works. The community relies on your feedback.

Happy hackintoshing! Good luck!

1 person likes this

I am not sure if Niresh distro installs the correct mach_kernel in the root of your installation drive. Mine didn't so I had to manually put it in there. To do this, boot into the OSX installation program and open the terminal. You need to use the cp command to copy the amd64 file from the Niresh bootable media to the root of your installation. I will try to give you an example. 

Open terminal from the tools menu on the top bar and type : 

ls /Volumes/

The output should be all your drives, including the USB (or DVD) you are currently booted from. Let's say the name of the USB drive is "Niresh USB". You will need to issue the command :

ls /Volumes/"Niresh USB"/ (with the " since there is a space in the directory name)

There should be a file named amd64 in there. Let's say the directory you installed OSX in was named "OSX". You should issue this command exactly :

cp /Volumes/"Niresh USB"/amd64 /Volumes/OSX/mach_kernel

What this does is it replaces the kernel on the root of your installation with the amd64 kernel. Try booting again. if the problem persists use the boot flag: "Kernel Cache"=mach_kernel

I also believe that your graphics card is not supported in versions 10.8 or older, so use "Graphics Enabler"=No as well.

Please reply if it works. The community relies on your feedback.

Happy hackintoshing! Good luck!

Hi I have few questions about it, how do open (and what is it) terminal (is like in windows it's called 'command prompt?'), is the file (amd64) in the usb pen (with mavericks), if doesn't work where shall I put the 'flag' 'KernelCache=mach_kernel'? Thanks. 

Hi I have few questions about it, how do open (and what is it) terminal (is like in windows it's called 'command prompt?'), is the file (amd64) in the usb pen (with mavericks), if doesn't work where shall I put the 'flag' 'KernelCache=mach_kernel'? Thanks. 

Yes, it is the command prompt for OS X. It is under the Utilities menu on the installation program. The file amd64 is in the root of the pen drive (that means /Volumes/(Pen Drive Name). The flag is for booting up OSX after the installation finishes and you have replaced the files. Remember that you need to replace the file AFTER you have succesfully installed OSX on a drive. You run the installation program one more time after the successful installation in order to copy amd64 to the OSX drive. After that boot OSX with the boot flag. The boot menu lasts for a few seconds (2 seconds) so you need to press something in order to access it. Press "-" when you see the boot menu in order to pause the boot and enter the boot flag.

1 person likes this

Yes, it is the command prompt for OS X. It is under the Utilities menu on the installation program. The file amd64 is in the root of the pen drive (that means /Volumes/(Pen Drive Name). The flag is for booting up OSX after the installation finishes and you have replaced the files. Remember that you need to replace the file AFTER you have succesfully installed OSX on a drive. You run the installation program one more time after the successful installation in order to copy amd64 to the OSX drive. After that boot OSX with the boot flag. The boot menu lasts for a few seconds (2 seconds) so you need to press something in order to access it. Press "-" when you see the boot menu in order to pause the boot and enter the boot flag.

Hi thanks to clarify the first point, but I'm still a little bit confused about how to insert the file into the boot section.

Lets see if I understood the procedure, install (os X mavericks 10.9), then once I have the computer up and running, browse into the USB, and search for a file called AMD64, and then put that in the drive where (10.9) is installed, what about the 'boot flags' where to put them and how to add, and also, I need to use chameleon or there's a way around?

Thanks.

Hi thanks to clarify the first point, but I'm still a little bit confused about how to insert the file into the boot section.

Lets see if I understood the procedure, install (os X mavericks 10.9), then once I have the computer up and running, browse into the USB, and search for a file called AMD64, and then put that in the drive where (10.9) is installed, what about the 'boot flags' where to put them and how to add, and also, I need to use chameleon or there's a way around?

Thanks.

Here it is, step by step :

1. Install OSX on a drive (Let's assume it's called "Mac OSX"). Use bootflags "Kernel Cache"=amd64 etc. for installation. When choosing the drive you want it to install to there is a "Configure" option, which you can use to configure what will be installed. Check it out and see if you need to add anything else.

2. Reboot when the installation prompts for a reboot. Boot into the installation drive again.

3. When the installation screen shows up, go to the "Utilities" menu on the top bar and open "Terminal".

4. Copy "amd64" from the pen drive to the root of the "Mac OSX" drive where you previously installed OSX and name it "mach_kernel". (Without the ")

5. Reboot

6. Select the drive you installed OSX to boot into. Chameleon bootloader will start and it will be visible for about 2 seconds. When you see the bootloader screen press a letter in order to access the boot flags prompt. Input the boot flags : "Kernel Cache"=mach_kernel -v (and any others you might need) and press Enter. (PCIRootUID=1 boot flag is useful in AMD machines, but you might not need it. If it hangs at PCI Configuration, add npci=0x2000 boot flag.)

After (if) you boot into OSX, there is a file here /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist which has all the boot flags that chameleon automatically loads for you. Add any flags you know you need. The "Kernel Cache" boot flag will most probably be needed only once.

Oh, also, keep this trick handy, because every time the AppStore tries to update anything, it replaces mach_kernel with the original one and you might need to do it again if it stops booting.

1 person likes this

Hi lets go in order,

1 - ok - at the prompt terminal I install with amd -v is this correct?

2 - when you say 'boot into installation drive again' - what do u mean? After the installation ask you to boot anyway and then (for me) it's there that won't boot.

3 - Where do I get this 'utilities' if computer won't boot up?

4 - I understood that the file is in the usb and I need to copy that into the chameleon.boot.plist (changing the name from amd64 into mach_kernel)?

5 - ok

6 - at this point should boot take you to the terminal or should boot as per normal?

sorry if I keep asking but as you can see I'm a newbie, probably for you it's easy but for me at the moment it's a nightmare lol, thanks anyway because you explained that well.

Hi lets go in order,

1 - ok - at the prompt terminal I install with amd -v is this correct?

2 - when you say 'boot into installation drive again' - what do u mean? After the installation ask you to boot anyway and then (for me) it's there that won't boot.

3 - Where do I get this 'utilities' if computer won't boot up?

4 - I understood that the file is in the usb and I need to copy that into the chameleon.boot.plist (changing the name from amd64 into mach_kernel)?

5 - ok

6 - at this point should boot take you to the terminal or should boot as per normal?

sorry if I keep asking but as you can see I'm a newbie, probably for you it's easy but for me at the moment it's a nightmare lol, thanks anyway because you explained that well.

1. If it works with these bootflags, then yes. The important thing is that it loads the correct kernel. Niresh has made these bootflags to work with his installer. The bootflag would have been "Kernel Cache"=amd if you were not using the niresh distro.

2. When you first boot your installation media (pen drive etc.) you boot into the OSX installation wizard. That's what I meant. So, you install it and then boot into the installation wizard again. In order to do this you need to change the boot order from your BIOS/UEFI. This is accessible upon turning on your computer by pushing the "Delete" button (on most motherboards). If it doesn't work, read the instructions on the boot screen.

3. You will boot into the installation and you will see it on the top bar. There is no other way to access terminal.

4. The amd kernel file is in the usb and you need to copy it to your hard drive root (that is not in any folder, but on the first directory of the hard drive). On the OSX file system the root of your hard drive is the directory :

"/Volumes/(OSX installation name)/" . It is like the C: in windows. The command that I wrote earlier does just that, it replaces the Apple original mach_kernel with the AMD kernel. 

5. OK

6. At this point you should boot normally into your installed OSX drive. This will start the chameleon bootloader, which is a way to organize your OS's, and you can also input boot flags in it. The boot flag you must use the first time you boot is "Kernel Cache"=mach_kernel

Good luck!

1 person likes this

I installed Mavericks on the laptop but when I reboot won't come up, so now I boot from the usb again using the flags and then do what you described on the above post? Thanks.

I can't get anywhere I get stucked just after the installation, won't boot up, I try 4 times now, and I tried all the possible flags to boot up (-v -x -f -F -s) nothing at all, any suggestions? Thanks.

I can't get anywhere I get stucked just after the installation, won't boot up, I try 4 times now, and I tried all the possible flags to boot up (-v -x -f -F -s) nothing at all, any suggestions? Thanks.

Download a different kernel from here :

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Patched_Kernels

Paste it into your pen drive as a different name and then copy that one on your OSX installation as mach_kernel and boot OSX with "Kernel Cache"=mach_kernel and any other flag.