Not able to Boot after Installation [ASUS-X550LD]
3 3

Question

This is my first time time OS X installation on a laptop. Configuration as below,

CPU: Intel Core i7 4500U

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 820M - 2GB

RAM: 8GB

Model: ASUS X550LD

I installed the OS using "xpcm-free -v" It worked and after installation, I'm not able to Boot for the first time. I tried booting with "-v" and the result is..

1402781447__qwseudw.jpg

1402781497__vwrgzuz.jpg

After that I tried booting it with, "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No" and "-v -x PCIRootUID=1/0 (both) GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes (Both)" But couldn't get it working. the result is as follows,

1402781538__h6ymlgs.jpg

1402781585__j2xcoaz.jpg

I tried booting the OS with "-s" to backup the Graphics kext files, but in my "/System/Library/Extensions" directory doesn't consist of any AppleIntel* files or anything. There are only 5 or 6 files kext files nothing else. Please help me with your suggestion to boot the OS. Thanks In Advance :)

12 answers to this question

You should try to reinstall and don't select VoodoHDA in the customize options, and does your laptop use nVidia optimus?

@sloeberGJ

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled the OS by unchecking the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". On the first boot I tried "-v -x" and it got successfully booted to the OS, I created the user account and everything goes fine. But the issues are,

Laptop TouchPad doesn't works, I used a USB Mouse to navigate. (Laptop keyboard worked fine).

Both Ethernet and Wi-Fi does NOT detected.

No Audio.

FAT32/NTFS Formatted flash drives are NOT detected.

Is this all because of I booted with "-x" (safe mode) ? How can I get all these devices worked and make the normal boot work ? Please help me in doing so. Thanks once again :D

EDIT: About nVidia Optimus: I'm not sure about it. The Architecture GF117 used in conjunction with Optimus as per the post here: http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-820M.108477.0.html

1 person likes this

Hey guys,
I'm almost there.. :D :D
Again I reinstalled the OS by unchecking "Niresh Audio Drivers". OS Installed and Booted Successfully WITHOUT any Boot flag. Bluetooth Devices, USB3.0 Devices,Flash Drives works perfect and still the following problems persists.

Laptop TouchPad NOT working. USB Mouse is working. (Laptop Keyboard works fine)
Wi-Fi Drivers NOT detected.
Audio Drives NOT detected.

Please help me to install these device drivers using MultiBeast or some other software, Thanks :)

What kind of wifi/audio chip do you have. If you have an elan touchpad pad kext. Posted in the downloads section by me.

Good luck

@sloeberGJ

I tried your "ElanTouchPad driver .kext" But sill I did NOT get my touchpad working, It leads to a kernel panic with ApplePS2Controller / ApplePS2Keyboard. Is there any way to get TouchPad work? I'm not sure how to find exact CHIP name and code of my Wi-Fi / Audio / TouchPad. Could anybody please tell how can I do that ? My Laptop Model is "ASUS X550LD-XX082D". In windows 8.1 Wi-Fi driver is "Qualcomm atheros wifi driver" And Audio is "RealTek Audio driver". This is what I got from from the system Info of the installed Mac,

Graphics Card Information:

I tried Booting with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", But still in "About This Mac" dialogue it shows "Intel HD 64MB Shared Memory" NOT the nVidia Graphics Card. Which driver should I install to get it work ?

1402912629__6rgdkki.jpg

Audio Device Information: Which Driver kext should I use to get it work ?

1402912673__vgecivd.jpg

Wi-Fi Device Information: Which Driver should I use to get Wi-Fi Work ? (For Ethernet Realtek Driver works fine)

1402912721__kbebetr.jpg

Please provide me any information on which "kext" files should I use to get these things work. Thanks In Advance :)

We need to now more than atheros wireless driver/ realtek audio!! We need model numbers. Who is your trackpad fabricator. It appears to be that your graphics card uses optimus and you won't be able to use the nVidia, only the intel. Try to boot with IGPEnabler=yes. If you do have an atheros ar9285 wireless card, i also posted a kext for that. Good luck.

@sloeberG

Finally I found all the information required, Please suggest me the suitable drivers (kexts). I tried few matching kexts but nothing worked yet.

Wi-Fi Device is "Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565" (AR956X)

Audio Device is "RealTek ALC233 High Definition Audio"

And my TouchPad is working perfectly, I just removed the ApplePS2Controller in Extensions and replaced with yours, Thanks lot. Only the above two problems left, Audio and Wi-Fi, Please help to get it done :)

EDIT:

Here are the screenshots:

I tried Boot with "HDAEnabler=Yes" and I got these devices shown in the system information, But still no audio device is detected. It's Realtek ALC233

1403017728__6qhqyno.png

Wi-Fi Device Detected:

I used DPCIManager App to get this screenshot. It shows suggestions AirPortAtheros40.kext with "pci168c,30"..

1403017976__yrsen2w.png

Please give suggestions to get the correct drivers (kext) for these devices.. Thanks In Advance :angel:  

Ill try to make the atheros kext work with your Wificard, but i dont guaranty that it will work!!. Ill help you as first one in the morning. You need an specially patched AppleHDA, but i dont know how to make one :(.

Good luck

@sloeberGJ

Thank you very much for your guidelines. I tried to edit fewer Atheros Wi-Fi kext to make it work, But still no luck. I searched in various blogs and posts too :( If you can help me with IO80211Family.kext we can do it I hope And more than the Wi-Fi Driver, I hardly need the AUDIO driver. If you could help me in doing that It'd be great. It's RealTek ALC233, with Codec id 0x10EC0233 Device id 0x80869C20.

Thanks again :)

Hi man, I have the same model of laptop (but the variant XX-042h) with intel i5, 6 gb of ram, the nvidia 820m.

What options do you have checked during the installation? At the moment I have windows 8 but it doesn't work fine for my personal use.

I'm looking for the wireless card and with aida64 I find a "Broadcom BCM43142 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter" and the "Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" for the ethernet connection. Which driver could I install for wifi? For the audio I have "Realtek ALC233" like you. If we can solve the problem of the audio I became to install niresh.. (for the wifi card I'll buy a compatible card).

Thanks in advice and sorry for the little off topic (sorry for bad english). 

Hi man, I have the same model of laptop (but the variant XX-042h) with intel i5, 6 gb of ram, the nvidia 820m.

What options do you have checked during the installation? At the moment I have windows 8 but it doesn't work fine for my personal use.

I'm looking for the wireless card and with aida64 I find a "Broadcom BCM43142 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter" and the "Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter" for the ethernet connection. Which driver could I install for wifi? For the audio I have "Realtek ALC233" like you. If we can solve the problem of the audio I became to install niresh.. (for the wifi card I'll buy a compatible card).

Thanks in advice and sorry for the little off topic (sorry for bad english). 

Please make a separate thread

1 person likes this

What was your process to boot mac os x yosemite...i trying for several days...but i'm stuck...after installation it takes back to Clover boot manager...everytime same thing...what i'm missing...