Grey screen when booting mavericks
2 2

Question

Hi, the other day installed mavericks as usual, everything went fine.

It worked a few days, and when i wanted to boot it again i got a grey screen after the apple logo. It doesn't worried me a lot because i get used to have a crash on my hackintosh everytime a month..

So, i decided to install it again, and after the install, again, the same problem.

I tried with so many bootflags, even -v, but the verbose mode it's ok, and then it goes to the grey screen, so in the verbose mode i don't see any errors.

PS: Also, i tried to install Mountain Lion, and i can't get video signal after install, the monitor (Screen) goes to stand by mode with my GTX 760.

Any info will be appreciated.

1 person likes this

9 answers to this question

using VGA ??

check graphics Kexts are loaded while in Verbose .

using VGA ??

check graphics Kexts are loaded while in Verbose .

UP2fOJu.png

Those are the last lines before going to the grey screen. Sorry for the quality.

As i can see i have 'NVDAStartup: Official' and 'NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered'

PS: And yes, using GTX 760 4GB

Your graphic kext a are loaded properly ,VGA has still so many problem in hack , use hdmi or dvi port.

Your graphic kext a are loaded properly ,VGA has still so many problem in hack , use hdmi or dvi port.

I don't know how, but with a clover usb managed to boot. Now i'm having problems installing Yosemite (The other day installed perfect)

I had this problem and resolved it fairly quickly.  My graphics card is a Gtx 760 192bit (OEM) and had the same grey screen. What I did was once it was finished installing i booted using the line "GraphicsEnabler=No" and that fixed it. So it was trying to use my intel graphics every time it booted. I had to reinstall without the GraphicsEnabler line unselected at the install screen and it worked perfectly after that. Good luck. :D

Clover is better bootloader to use with Yosemite and Also for graphics ,disable intel hdgraphics or use only intel hdgraphics , but hey what's error you got

Clover is better bootloader to use with Yosemite and Also for graphics ,disable intel hdgraphics or use only intel hdgraphics , but hey what's error you got

I got Undefined error 0 when finish installing. But maybe it's because i tried with a different torrent. I will use the torrent that niresh shaid (Which worked for me the other day)

If you are with clover then boot0 error ,it's strange . Always use latest revision if bootloader try dp2 installation has lots of graphics bug fixed in this