Need AMD Radeon 6970 Kext
3 3

Question

As topic states, I need some drivers or kext for my 6970, my screen is all buggy and the OS has slow graphics cause my card doesn't have any kext for it and I'm running at 1024x768 which is pretty bad. 

3 answers to this question

I have found a solution for the 6970 on Mavericks and Yosemite. I can provide you with the patched kext files. Im currently running my powercolor 6970 with full QE/CI on 10.9.1. Supposedly the same procedure should work for 10.10. Boot with -x. Replace the kext file with kext wizard and repair permissions. Reboot without the -x flag and boom, you should hit the desktop without any issues. Dual screen works great and even games run really well for me. Here and there you might notice a graphics glitch or two. 

Edited by Raboebie

I have found a solution for the 6970 on Mavericks and Yosemite. I can provide you with the patched kext files. Im currently running my powercolor 6970 with full QE/CI on 10.9.1. Supposedly the same procedure should work for 10.10. Boot with -x. Replace the kext file with kext wizard and repair permissions. Reboot without the -x flag and boom, you should hit the desktop without any issues. Dual screen works great and even games run really well for me. Here and there you might notice a graphics glitch or two. 

Hello, I have an HD 6950 (nearly the same as 6970). I'm stucked on a blank screen after the installation. Can you send me your modified Kexts so I can boot?

I've been nearly 5 years trying to make OS X boot on my graphics card without any success...

Thank you.

i have a gigabyte hd 6970 half working on hackintosh yosemite  i had no problem with the desktop i need to boot with -x  image flickering on the beginning but after few seconde all is ok but i try imovie and it asking for quartz Extreme supported gpu.... did not try for game, and the screen saver work....   i want to movie editing

can you help me plz