[IOBluetoothHCIController][Start] -- Completed
4 4

Question

Dear all,

I would be happy if you could help me with my current issue. I attempted to install Mavericks Niresh 10.9 using legacy mode to select the USB and changed from raid to ACHI. The installation process went by successfully only after booting the Niresh USB with "xpcm-free". After the installation. I tried running it and it was stuck on a boot loop. I tried booting it with many flags such as -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No UseKernelCache=No  I even tried putting one flag at a time to see if anything would change but It would hang at  "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- Completed". I did manage to take many photos of me using different bootflags to show you all. I do apologize for the long post but I wanted to be as descriptive as possible to try to make it easier for you to help me find out what is causing the problem. Something that I noticed is that when it reaches the IOBlueTooth part the fan starts to become loud. I would also like to note that I give each boot flag around 5 minutes each to see if it is just taking time. Once again I do apologize for the hefty post. Here are my laptop specs.

Graphics :

nVidia GeforceGTX765M, 2GGDDR5

Processor: 

i7-4700MQ

RAM:

DDR III8GB+4GB

Storage:

Super Raid 128GB SSD (64GB*2 SSDmSATA3)+1TB (SATA) 

Here are the photos

Y77x9IE.jpg

EVXqyn6.jpg

JY9HYCF.jpgxIfsxHJ.jpg

21 answers to this question

You have to be patient, its still booting up, if you start to hear music coming out from it and dont see the installer, then you have to restart it and try again.

Hello, 

Apologies for double posting but given the time frame I hope that someone could help me out as I'm still stuck on this problem.

Thanks,

The problem you have, it's with the graphic card. try with GraphicsEnabler=No 

what graphic card do you have?

I did try  running GraphicsEnabler=No -X - V if you looked at the photos. Here were the results. JY9HYCF.jpg

if you can get to the Mac Drive from another mac, osx86, linux, or winblows... you can remove all graphics kexts and then boot to safe mode -x -f there is also an easy single user trick

-s to get to single user

fsck -fy
mount
-uw / to mount the drive and make changes

grafix backup all <--to backup all graphics kexts

reboot to see if it worked.

if you are able to finish post install setup and boot then you can work on the graphics issue....

1 person likes this

Hi Guys !

Finally someone with the same computer and the exact same problem ! I did exactly like you for the process/installation...

@ : I'm gone try your advice !

@ : Did you already resolve the problem ?

Hi Guys !

Finally someone with the same computer and the exact same problem ! I did exactly like you for the process/installation...

@ : I'm gone try your advice !

@ : Did you already resolve the problem ?

I just tried it and it did work! but right now  no internet or Ethernet is working and the graphics look bad the display isn't 1080p o: did you manage to fix that

I just tried it and it did work! but right now  no internet or Ethernet is working and the graphics look bad the display isn't 1080p o: did you manage to fix that

Hi mate !! It worked also for me !! But now obviously, I got the same problem as you... Did you already fixed some stuff ?

For ethernet Macintosh asked me some detail (IP, DNS) but I didn't know what to put, so I took the option which didn't need anything...

I'm gonna see if I can fix something... Hopefully ^^

Anyway, thank you @ !!

See you guys ! :)

(Sorry for my english, It's not my mothertongue language)

I would need to know your graphics card type, and I am also not sure if I have the expertise to help on graphics. I had tried everything in Mountain Lion, before installing mavericks then boom i got full qe/ci. I would run some checks to see what you are getting. The biggest tell for full graphics accelleration is a translucent menu bar. If you dont have full qe/ci there are several steps to try such as booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes or changing that to GraphicsEnabler=No. Also you might need to get kexts for your video card and make sure your device id is in the kext.

For the networking there are several kexts on this site. Look for the system info tool which can help you find out the exact kexts you need by telling you the device names. Glad I could help on the boot issue.

@onegeeksolution : Thanks you dude !! So for the graphic card, I got the same as ProjectSaito normaly, so we got Nvidia GTX765M with an Integrated Intel HD 4000. I saw previously that we defenetely can't run the NVIDIA GTX, but we can for Intel HD4000. But how, if we "removed" the Graphic kext that made the IOBluetooh.... Problem seen before ?

Also for the networking, it's a Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller ! I saw something about it, on tonymacx86 forum, but so complicated and saying that it could be dangerous.....

One last thing. I didn't say it before because it was not the big issue, but when I boot, I can't boot without the USB Installer ! Without it, I got this message : boot0: done (not boot0: error, just this!) I tried installing chimera with multibeast, but it didn't work :/

Sorry men, I know there is a lot !! Hope I'm not boring you !!

Cheers !

weeman282 I believe that you need to install chameleon as your bootloader on the osx hard drive. chameleon is the most stable and versital.

If you can make a new clean install of niresh mavericks it will be great. Install with GraphicsEnabler=No and remove all the Intel and AMD graphics kext. Also install the internet kexts that niresh provides you. when the OS install completes, check if you have internet connection. If you have, download from nvidia.com the CUDA drivers and the NVIDIA driver manager (beta) that comes with own drivers for your graphics card. After all that...edit the chameleon.boot.plist by adding this line:

<key>Graphics Mode</ key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>   ----> must be your monitor resolution

I also recommend:
<key>Legacy Logo</ key>
<string>yes</string>

Sorry for my english :P

Thank you for your advice !!

SO ^^ I finally did it for the bootloader, it was a mess... I actually don't what I did for making work x)

I think it was that the partition was not active and primary, but I did it before without working, now it does, ok why not XD

Secondely, the graphics work good also (my Intel HD 4600), but I have some glitches/artifacts/things, on top of the screen :/ Here it is a picture to show you :

DSC_0488.jpg

@ezenh : Is it really possible to make the NVIDIA works ? I heard a lot of time that with both integrated and dedicated graphic card in the same laptop, you can't make work the Nvidia because of Optimus I think.*

Anyway, thanks guy !!

Hey...awesome, you almost make it! 

Those glitches are obviously from graphics card. In Bios disable the Intel Graphics acceleration and make the nVidia be default. That's the reason why you must delete the intel and amd graphics kexts from extensions folder...so there won't be conflicts. In other words...you must install from zero again haha :P.

Let me know anything else to help you with.

Thanks ezenh but the Nvidia graphic card can't work normally. Im pretty sure about this, I can only run the Intel HD4600 on this computer. Unless you know something more about it ? I would appreciate because I would like to work the Nvidia, but to be honest, I think it's not possible...

Anyway, I figured out for the glitches :D I just changed the resolution in org.chameleon.boot to 1920x1080, and it worked x)

I bought a USB wireless adapter, all went smoothy :D

So now, I'd to work my integrated webcam, I googled a lot, but I found nothing :( Everybody have webcam recognize directly... Idea ?

Anyway, Im pretty happy, I got essentials things working :)

AND THANK YOU !

Hey! For resolution you must put the one you need on chameleon boot plist. For ethernet, you must install de network drives solution on niresh installer and put:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

in chameleon boot plist.

For Nvidia...i just said it before. On Bios, make default the nvidia graphics card, then erase the intell kexts booting with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot and use -v flag.

Then again in chameleon boot plist put:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string> (Put the one you need. This is for resolution problem)
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 dart=0 nvda_drv=1</string>

Hi !

Thanks for the answer. I knew for ethernet, it's working perfectly.

But for the Nvidia graphic card, it is defenetely not possible to make it work :

My computer (MSI GE60 2OE) have optimus who manage both dedicated and integrated graphic card. In the BIOS, there is nothing to disable the integrated. The only way is by the device manager, but I didn't because it can't do bad stuff... the two cards are working together with Optimus, if I disable one, I disable the other. So not possible. But thanks you anyway ! :)

Still have my webcam problem... ^^

cheers