Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport! error in Virtualbox
8 8

Question

'm trying to install Mac OS X 10.9 in my VirtualBox.

I get:

**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

VirtualBox 4.3.12

1 person likes this

14 answers to this question

Hey, the solution for your problem:

Boot with -s.

When you see the prompt "root:":
Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot and use -v flag.

Same error:

**** [iOBluetoothHCIController][searchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

i'm having the same problem i cant get it too boot with -s or USBFix=yes ... ive tried everything, but im trying to install on my hdd. i have tried installing ML, Lion, and Mavericks and same "missing Bluetooth Controller TRansport. everytime.. i installed osx 10.6.8 out of the box so it makes no sense unless my proccessor isnt supported any higher, amd athlon x2 3600+

I have the same issue trying to install Mavericks on my wifes Lenovo Flex 14 (in a VM). From what I have read from googling the issue is to do with loading graphics, as it's the next step but so far I have come up blank.

I've tried multiple different flags but nothing has worked so far. The lenovo has Intel HD 4400 graphics from what I can make out, which is supposed to be supported by hackintosh, but I'm not entirely sure if that is relevant with a VM install.

Hoping for a fix here too.

Yes, the problem it's for loading graphics. Can you get into the root files of your Mac installation from Windows? If you can do that, tell me so we solve this manually. (sorry for my english :P)

How can i get into the root files of your Mac installation from Windows? mount the iso? then what?

Hey all, I found a simple fix that worked for me.  Your mileage may vary.

With your VM off, change the default video RAM back to the default of 9MB.  I had mine set for 128MB and it didn't like it at all.  Once back at 9MB the sucker booted right up.  

Hope this helps someone.  

post-118604-0-81957300-1413999769_thumb.

Hey all, I found a simple fix that worked for me.  Your mileage may vary.

With your VM off, change the default video RAM back to the default of 9MB.  I had mine set for 128MB and it didn't like it at all.  Once back at 9MB the sucker booted right up.  

Hope this helps someone.  

Thanks!!!  Fixed it for me when I upgraded VBox 4.3.26 to 4.3.30 and Yosemite threw me the bt controller error.  Reduced video ram from 64MB to 9MB and all is well.  Jacked it back up to 16MB and it is still ok, but 32 MB throws the error again.

This is for installing a hackintosh on a Dell R720 server with 16GB memory and whatever graphics card they ship with by default.   The operating system I am running is Centos 5.9 and the Virtualbox version is 5.016 - I originally had a 4.x version, but upgraded while trying to get this all to work...

I had this problem of the "missing bluetooth controller transport" - actually it still comes up but I resolved it by moving my hackintosh.vmdk file from the SATA controller to the IDE controller instead.  After that, it just kept going right past that error and booted ok.  So I guess the error wasn't important if it doesn't hang there.

So the sequence I used was (from memory)

1.  Downloaded the Niresh "Yosemite Zone" disks and install per here:  http://www.macbreaker.com/2015/01/virtualbox-yosemite-zone.html  - note that I had to mount it on a IDE controller instead of SATA to get it working.

(You might try mounting the VMDK file to the IDE controller for this part of the installation if that is what keeps it all going.  I didn't go back and try that.  I only moved it after the steps below)

2.  My installation hung with 6 minutes to go, so I following instructions from here:  

a) Removed the Yosemite Zone iso from the DVD drive using the storage settings.

b ) booted to single user with the "-s" option

c) remounted using:  mount -uw /

d) cd'd to the  /.OSinstallsandBoxpath/Scripts/Hackintosh.Zone.Post-Script.xZpcnD directoty and executed the ./postinstall script  - note the xZpcnD part is probably different on your machine

e) Rebooted - but it still got hung up.

f) Went into the virtualbox storage settings and changed the vmdk to be mounted on an IDE controller instead of the default SATA controller.  The reason I tried that is because I had to do the same thing to get the Yosemite Zone install to work in the first place.

g) Rebooted again.  Now it went past the missing bluetooth controller transport error  and booted!   For what it's worth, I had the video settings on the virtualbox at 9 - the default at this point.

Logged in as root/niresh and everything was ok.  It seemed to kick off some repairs when I first logged in, but other than that things seem to be working ok.  

On 7/2/2014 at 11:46 PM, ezenh said:

Hey, the solution for your problem:

Boot with -s.

When you see the prompt "root:":
Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot and use -v flag.

how do i boot with '-s' sorry im a noob

This one work for me

Code for Virtualbox 4.x.x:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your VM Name" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 04100800 7fbae3ff bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "MacBookPro11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1

Code for Virtualbox 5.0.x:
cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"
VBoxManage.exe modifyvm "Your VM Name" –cpuidset 00000001 000106e5 00100800 0098e3fd bfebfbff
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemProduct" "iMac11,3"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiSystemVersion" "1.0"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/efi/0/Config/DmiBoardProduct" "Iloveapple"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/DeviceKey" "ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc"
VBoxManage setextradata "Your VM Name" "VBoxInternal/Devices/smc/0/Config/GetKeyFromRealSMC" 1

Reference http://www.wikigain.com/install-mac-os-x-el-capitan-virtualbox/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHcxszAmqOI