Need Help With Maverick Boot [AMD Phenom | NVidia Geforce 210]
1 1

Question

Hi Everyone, I've been trying to set up a Hackintosh so I can start developing IOS apps. I started with Mountain Lion (10.8.5) . All failed when trying to boot, I didn't even get to the installer screen. So I downloaded Mavericks (10.9.0) and wrote it to a USB as bootable. I get to the boot screen and this is what I've tried so far, and the resulting errors:

BootFlags  :   Error

Nothing:         Reboot

amd -v,

amd -v -x,

amd -v -x -f,

amd -v npci=0x2000:        Stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin]

amd -v npci=0x3000,

amd -v USBBusFix=Yes,

amd -v npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes,      Stuck at SMC Successfully Initialized

and a long list of other combinations including GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, amd64 instead of amd, etc.

I've searched hundreds of forums, and everything I've tried results in one of those three errors. I'd even be happy to see it stuck on the bootlogo at least  :( .

What I haven't tried is modifying any kernel or 'kext' file etc. I only have windows system available right now.

Anyway here are my system specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9500 x4 ~2.2GHz   (Please mention if this isn't supported. It's actually faster than it looks though, runs heavy apps quite fine)

Graphics Card: ASUS NVidia GeForce 210

RAM: 3.5GB DDR2

Motherboard: MCP61PM-HM (Nettle3)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c01357175

Thanks in advance for any help  :unsure:

EDIT: So I was about to attempt the .kext thing when I realised I can't even view the files in TransMac, have a look: nv6zib.png

3 answers to this question

Tried all of it man. I probably need to replace some .kext files but I have no clue which and how to on Windows

type amd64 npci=0x3000 -v  and wait for about 5minutes, sometimes look like it is stucked but continue after minute or two. If doesnt help then try to download and put some other kernel, this is very good kernel for my phenom II https://www.sendspace.com/file/xzvb1d and of course be sure that everything in ur bios is set like it should be, sory for bad english ;