Latitude E5420 HD3000 KEXT issues?
1 1

Hi guys, I have something strange happening with my laptop. It seems that when I install OSX with smbios Macbookpro, the video works, but it does not have any acceleration, and if you go to the dashboard, and hold the windows key, the icons wiggle, but the screen gets glitchy. 

I have tried installing multiple HD3000 kexts from this website, and none of them seem to work. I did notice that almost all of them only have kexts for framebuffer and caprifb? Am I supposed to leave the original intelhdgraphics.kext file in the system extensions folder?

I was reinstalling the OS after everytime the kexts didn't work, but recently learnt about the -s boot options, and removing the kexts brings me back to my desktop with the same issues. but atleast I'm able to boot. lol.

I have also tried the Mac Mini smbios, and that works better. But i have to hook my laptop to an external monitor via HDMI. Gfx acceleration and everything works great, but it won't let me use my laptops screen. So that's an issue. lol.

Does anyone have any ideas for me. Listed below are my exact specs.

Dell Latitude E5420

CPU: I5-2520M (Uses onboard Intel HD3000 Graphics)

RAM: 4GB, 1333MHZ

1 answer to this question