10.9 on Acer Aspire 5750G-2458G75Bnkk Audio Battery and brightness control problems
1 1

Question

Hello,

i managed to install the 10.9 Niresh distro on my Acer Aspire 5750G-2458G75Bnkk (i5-2450m, Mobile Intel HM65 Express chipset, 8GB RAM, 64GB Sandisk SSD, 15.6 inch Display, 1366x768 resolution, Intel HD3000 IGP, Nvidia Geforce GT 630M 2GB dedicated graphics card, Broadcom 43227 Wifi).

My problems are: 

1. Audio: the microphone is activated permanently, my temporary workaround is to set the recording volume to minimum in system settings, the setting will only apply after user login, before that the mic is active at maximum level.

2. Battery: the battery is not being recognized, it shows no battery inserted.

3. Brightness control: Neither system settings works nor via FN-Keys 

I am generally happy that the system basically works and i am aware that some things can not be fixed such as my broadcom wifi chip and the dedicated Nvidia GT 630M graphics card, but i would really appreciate any advice on fixing above problems.

2 answers to this question

@Daniel von Oesen Making Brightness work is hard

get a patched applebatterykext for the current version that you've installed

are you using voodoohda?

open terminal type 

sudo codecid

then post the reply in comment

@Daniel von Oesen Making Brightness work is hard

get a patched applebatterykext for the current version that you've installed

are you using voodoohda?

open terminal type 

sudo codecid

then post the reply in comment

it says "sudo: codecid: command not found".

Also i was being a noob, i installed the HD3000 driver from your MacPois0n application from drivers/graphics and now my resolution is really low (seems to be 800x600 now, instead of before 1366x768). How can i revert back to the original working driver?

The brightness control is not the most important problem to be solved anyways. Where can i get a patched kext for the battery for this distro? I already tried one that was from a different one but it does not work.