i7 freeze on startup Mountain lion 10.8.5*update4*
1 1

Question

If you are having problems after installation, this has a lot of information:

http://www.hackintosh.zone/apple/articles/troubleshooting/guide-most-common-problems-with-hackintosh-r10/

UPDATE QUESTION: when I install from DVD it takes about 20 minutes and then the screen goes grey and the computer restarts. Is this the way it should be?

Hi.

I have installed Niresh Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on a separate hard drive in an existing Win 7 computer. To be clear, I have one drive for win7, one for storage and now one for OSX. (I refer to Niresh Mountain Lion 10.8.5 as OSX here)

I have NOT installed a correct bootloader. I installed OSX on the separate hardrive connected via SATA. I can choose to boot direct from this drive through my UEFI BIOS interface. Or to use boot flags I use the DVD to choose the boot from the hard disk. OSX begins to boot but hangs.Note that I am happy with leaving the boot situation alone. When i want to have a go with OSX I can choose boot from the hard disk easily. I do not have access to camera at the moment.

I have tried the following:

1) reinstalled using burned DVD of Niresh iso.

2) the various "flags": -x -v -GraphicsEnabler = No

3)Setting my BIOS settings to UEFI defaults then disabling anything "fancy" eg. - VT-d technology under the north bridge options. 

Here is the manual for my motherboard:

ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/H67DE3.pdf

the following errors occur during the boot:

1)device hubdrive @0x1d100000 overcurrent condition port will be disabled (occurs several times)

2)

OSX hangs upon reaching the following line as shown by -x-v boot (lines leading up tp this are below in qoutes);

Bluetooth -yaddayaddayadda-Start completed

"SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR:MMIO regMap == NUll - fall back to old SMC mode

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - wait for Service (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUManagement) timed out
DMOS has arrived
[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"

**Update**

i have disabled Vt-d but my monitor is vga only. So I think i need to install vga support for HD3000. From here maybe;

However I can't figure out how to do this. ** I am trying to edit the kxt's but when booting with -s typing into command line keeps being interrupted by USB warning about "device hubdrive @0x1d100000 overcurrent condition".

So I am parking this project. Will probably try again when I have access to a Mac and not use distro. 

I have tried the AppleIntelCPU* removal via terminal, no impact

I have tried replacing the FakeSMC via terminal, no impact.

I have tried reinstalling with different options in customise, but none had an impact. I tried changing NullCpu.. to Disabler, and others, but no effect.

2 answers to this question

Not sure how much clearer I can be. This is from my original post:

I have installed Niresh Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on a separate hard drive in an existing Win 7 computer. To be clear, I have one drive for win7, one for storage and now one for OSX. (I refer to Niresh Mountain Lion 10.8.5 as OSX here)

the following errors occur during the boot:

1)device hubdrive @0x1d100000 overcurrent condition port will be disabled (occurs several times)

2)

OSX hangs upon reaching the following line as shown by -x-v boot (lines leading up tp this are below in qoutes);

Bluetooth -yaddayaddayadda-Start completed

"SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR:MMIO regMap == NUll - fall back to old SMC mode

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - wait for Service (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUManagement) timed out
DMOS has arrived
[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed"