Installation error...
4 4

Question

Hi,

I have Windows 8.1 on my 1 TB hard disk and I resized it to get a 200gb partition for Mac. Then when I reboot with amdfx -v and go to disk utility to try to erase the 200gb partiton it says "couldn't modify partition map". Sorry for my english, I'm spanish.

--------------------

Hola,

Tengo Windows 8.1 instalado en mi disco duro de 1 TB y desde windows he reducido su tamaño para obtener una nueva partición de 200 GB para Mac. Después he reiniciado y he iniciado Mavericks con el comando "amdfx -v" y he intentado, desde Utilidad de discos, borrar la partición de 200 GB, pero no funciona, dice que no puede modificar el mapa de particiones.

120tf0m.jpg

1zbrzmg.jpg

ddg8t1.jpg

Please help.. :(

19 answers to this question

Re-downloaded and SOLVED.

1 person likes this

You are doing well, please click the montar button. Then it wil mount the disk and try again. Report if that doesn't work. BTW Mac OSX can't edit MBR paritions, that means that you cant resize or shrink them in Mac osx. That is only posible with GUID Partition scheme.

You are doing well, please click the montar button. Then it wil mount the disk and try again. Report if that doesn't work. BTW Mac OSX can't edit MBR paritions, that means that you cant resize or shrink them in Mac osx. That is only posible with GUID Partition scheme.

I've mounted the partition but it still doesn't work. I know that Mac OSX can't edit MBR partitions, but Niresh distro is supposed supports it. :wacko:

I've only a Windows 8.1, my partition is MBR. What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

regards!

The niresh distro allows the installer to install on a MBR, not to edit it.

Format the partition in FAT or exFAT and try formatting it again, sometimes that works.

Hi @sloeberGJ, still doesn't work... :(  

I'm trying to install Mavericks on a external HD , but when it was finishing the installation gets an error saying "installation failed" and then got stuck.

No chance for me...

Tried with an other hard drive, formatted as GUID and Mac OS Extended (Journaled), but doesn't works anyway.

2iuruia.jpg

I'm going crazy... I can't be the only one who can't get run Mavericks on my computer...

You can run it on your pc, because you can boot it. Is your sata set in AHCI modus (you can find those settings in the bios/UEFI)?

Hi,

I have this problem. It stops at 2 minutes and then appears the yellow triangle.

Sorry for my english I'm  romanian.

I set in bios AHCI enable.

ok, can you post a screenshot from the installation log?

AHCI is enabled.

Where's the installation log?

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition

8 GB RAM

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0

Specs:

CPU: Intel Celeron 2GHZ

Ram: 2GB

It is an fujitsu siemens esprimo mobile v6535 notebook.

Can you help me? Please  :)

Man, this is my topic, why you don't start your own? I'm waiting for some help for me.

i tried to install hackintosh on my dcommand r boot to recovery os dell vostro 2520. i followed all the steps one by one but i couldn't fine any option to change "ide to sata in BIOS ".(my BIOS only have few option not like other BIOS,i don't know why) but there is an default option call " sata config : archi  mod " so i skipped BIOS option and started installing using my bootable USB pen drive. in the installation process i tried to change the NTFS formate drive to mac drive to install the OS but the system didn't allow me to do that its says " Couldn't modify partition map". i tried all the formates and partition but still can fix it. 

NOTE: im running windows 10 C: drive and D: drive. so i shrink the drive for mac os. i cant delete and create the new partition in mac installation process because i need my windows C: drive and D: drive. 

please help me to overcome from this problem. thank you.