AMD FX
1 1

Question

Hello guys! this is my first post in this site!
My english isn't very nice, i'm learning this language. But i'll try :D

Well!! I was trying to install OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my pc!.

My CPU Configuration is below:

Processor: Amd Fx 8150  (8-core black edition)
Motherboard: Gygabite 970A-D3P AM3+ Socket
Ram: 8Gb DDR (1600 bus speed)
Graphics: ATI-Radeon 5570 HD (1gb)

I tried to boot Niresh and when i write the flag:
"KernelCache"=amd -v
"KernelCache"=amd
"KernelCache"=-amd
"KernelCache"=amd
"KernelCache"=amd arch=i386 -v
amd arch=i386
-nossse3bit amd
npci=0x3000 Busratio=15(/20/9) cpus=4
UseKernelCache=amd arch=i386 colors=32 maxmem=4096

and other flags. I don't remember...!
Ok, after that! Always, my computers give me a black screen and it's restarting all the time.

This pic is the only one with apple simbol (gray screen, always run in black screen and reboot)

Can anyone please help me that how may fix this? :)

post-81-0-82373000-1386127600_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

OS X is Really Hard Installing on AMD So

please wait for my 10.8.5 it will be released soon may be with in a week

What you probably want to do is to install another kernel for your processor. I have 10.8.2 running on my FX-8150 with this kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/13-amd-fx-kernel/ there is plenty of guides on how to install it but short and sweet: Open up installer, have his kernel on an USB flash drive (the installer USB), open up terminal and transfer your fx_kernel file to your root on the install Macintosh HDD, then boot up with fx_kernel GraphicsEnabler=Yes <- Also use this for the installation.

Quick edit: Niresh, you should really include this kernel on your 10.8.5 distro. 

P.S. Sorry for the sloppy answer, will edit and clean up later, in class atm.

niresh, i think u should include various amd kernel with nameamd1 -vamd2 -vamd3 -v...bz when i use ur 10.8.2 niresh isoi always add it by myself....so that it can boot easily in amd pc...and i think u should include MacPE,System info and Chameleon(fdisk activate) in ur isoI have success port MacPE and Chameleon into iaktos.....but i failed to add in ur-made iso...i also dont know why, but i hope u can add this feature in new come iso 

What you probably want to do is to install another kernel for your processor. I have 10.8.2 running on my FX-8150 with this kernel: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/13-amd-fx-kernel/ there is plenty of guides on how to install it but short and sweet: Open up installer, have his kernel on an USB flash drive (the installer USB), open up terminal and transfer your fx_kernel file to your root on the install Macintosh HDD, then boot up with fx_kernel GraphicsEnabler=Yes <- Also use this for the installation.

Quick edit: Niresh, you should really include this kernel on your 10.8.5 distro. 

P.S. Sorry for the sloppy answer, will edit and clean up later, in class atm.

Excuse me, but how can i add this kernel in USB FLASH ? on win 7?

I used transmac to create the usb flash drive, after that i tried to add some file.xxx to usb-flash-drive, and always i have a reading error. I only try this without terminal, but i can do this with ms-dos (system simbol).? (Copy & paste the kernel to usb-flash-drive) 

Thanks for all!!!

I have now Mavericks's distro and i has some problems and i'm fixing and investigate some problems with my graphic card!